Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

statsattack
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Aug 2017, 9:00 am

Yesterday I got an official diagnosis from a neuro psychologist. I am not on the spectrum. I have ADHD , anxiety and developmental coordination disability.

Is anyone here familiar with dcd and how to treat it?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 4:59 am

Dcd/dyspraxia has similar traits to autism. I get both physical and occupational therapy for it (and autism). Barring that, I would suggest reading up on it. There's online resources. Like with autism a lot of it focuses on kids, but it's still informative. There's a couple of good youtube vids about it too.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 7:09 am

statsattack wrote:
Yesterday I got an official diagnosis from a neuro psychologist. I am not on the spectrum. I have ADHD , anxiety and developmental coordination disability.

I've read about it before. It's basically not being able to control the ammount of presure you put on things. Like EzraS, Said. Occupational therapy or physical therapy could help.
P.S. MY dentist thinks I should go back to occupational therapy just to learn how to brush my teeth. :lol: That's sounds like a huge waste of time and money.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:02 am

Pieplup wrote:
statsattack wrote:

I've read about it before. It's basically not being able to control the ammount of presure you put on things. Like EzraS, Said. Occupational therapy or physical therapy could help.
P.S. MY dentist thinks I should go back to occupational therapy just to learn how to brush my teeth. :lol: That's sounds like a huge waste of time and money.

It's funny you mention brushing teeth- I press so hard on my toothbrush that I sometimes brush off my enamel 8O .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:04 am

:D

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
statsattack wrote:

It's funny you mention brushing teeth- I press so hard on my toothbrush that I sometimes brush off my enamel 8O .
Eh.. I more miss entire sections of my teeth. especially the top of my upper jaw.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:09 am

Pieplup wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
statsattack wrote:

Eh.. I more miss entire sections of my teeth. especially the top of my upper jaw.

Yeah. My sister hates having her teeth brushed. Do you have problems with using crayons? (random question- but kind of related to the topic? :D )

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:24 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
statsattack wrote:

Yeah. My sister hates having her teeth brushed. Do you have problems with using crayons? (random question- but kind of related to the topic? :D )
I don't like having my teeth brushed the tooth paste tastes like acid. How so? When I was younger I used to break them really easy. I'm better at applying pressure now. Probably because of OT. :? I still I have problems breaking pencils. But due to having incredibly illegible handwriting. I have to use pencils. crayons take more strength to break. Though I don't use crayons. Haven't used them in years. I don't really know. My grammar is the only thing you can notice about my dysgraphia. My handwriting is beautiful. - sarcasm My handwriting is better than it used to be.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:35 am

Pieplup wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
statsattack wrote:

I don't like having my teeth brushed the tooth paste tastes like acid. How so? When I was younger I used to break them really easy. I'm better at applying pressure now. Probably because of OT. :? I still I have problems breaking pencils. But due to having incredibly illegible handwriting. I have to use pencils. crayons take more strength to break. Though I don't use crayons. Haven't used them in years. I don't really know. My grammar is the only thing you can notice about my dysgraphia. My handwriting is beautiful. - sarcasm My handwriting is better than it used to be.

I still break crayons every time I use them, and I know what you mean about toothpaste tasting like acid! It tastes terrible :D . By the way, (unrelated) have you managed to catch an Abra yet in Pokemon Moon?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:40 am

My sister said she has always thought I was most probably dyspraxic. I think it was even more so the case when I was younger ,and that I've improved with time. It could be wishful thinking though.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:48 am

Pieplup wrote:
I don't like having my teeth brushed the tooth paste tastes like acid.

I have yet to find a toothpaste that doesn't feel like you've just had a sip of napalm :eew:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:52 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
I don't like having my teeth brushed the tooth paste tastes like acid.

I have yet to find a toothpaste that doesn't feel like you've just had a sip of napalm :eew:

I miss "kid" toothpaste :D .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:56 am

We didn't have "kid toothpaste" when I was growing up.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We didn't have "kid toothpaste" when I was growing up.

It didn't taste terrible. It was quite nice :D .

Anyway, how are you today, kraftie?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:59 am

I'm doing all right. I like your avatar.

Reminds me a little of a couple of cats who were on TV in the 1960s: Top Cat and Courageous Cat (with Minute Mouse).

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm doing all right. I like your avatar.

Reminds me a little of a couple of cats who were on TV in the 1960s: Top Cat and Courageous Cat (with Minute Mouse).

Thanks! It's the official Stampy Cat logo :D . It was one of the few 128 by 128 Stampy pictures I could find lol. I like the name Minute Mouse :D .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 9:06 am

You can watch "Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse" on YouTube.

It was from 1960.

They had lots of funny criminals on that cartoon. The funniest was the one called "The Frog." He spoke like Edward G. Robinson when he played Al Capone.