Why are people telling me to kill myself?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 12:32 am

It doesn't make sense. If they don't want to kill themselves why do they want me to kill myself. Literally the most random thing anyone has ever asked me, and it does nothing for anyone.

I've never thought about doing it and I never will. So what do they mean? Are they being friendly or are they mad about something? They usually come up to me and whisper this in my ear "I want you to go home and take that knife and ..." insert graphic comments there. If they're joking, should I say the same thing back? I can easily do it, but I'm so afraid of making the wrong move I can never say anything.

I'm just confused. Help please. It's frightening me a bit.

Ants
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 May 2017, 2:42 am

I think overall you would be best ignoring them friend. I believe they are doing it because they find id vaguely amusing, which in itself tells me they have a terrible sense of humor.

Ignore them if you can and if you can't perhaps tell somebody a friend or teacher.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 3:28 am

It's really just very nasty bullying. They probably do it mainly from thoughtlessness, but there is no situation where this is ok to do.

The way to deal with it is to do something random which suprises and upsets them, such as for example grabbing them and starting to dance the waltz with them (complete with stepping on their toes), having a screaming fit, suddenly turn towards them and "accidentally" shove your elbow into their gut, then saying you're sorry, but they really shouldn't sneak up on you like that.....the possibilities are endless, but take a bit of planning for an autistic.

The key factor is appearing slightly insane and unpredictable to these people.

AnneOleson
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 1:35 pm

I'd tell them to f**k off. Then I would go to whoever is in charge - teacher, supervisor, parent - and tell them what was said, that it frightens you and that you want it to stop and never happen again. Take notes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 1:45 pm

They certainly aren't being friendly, sounds more like bullying.

DericWM
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 May 2017, 2:00 pm

The reason why someone would tell you to go kill yourself is because they don't like you for some reason.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 2:11 pm

DericWM wrote:
The reason why someone would tell you to go kill yourself is because they don't like you for some reason.

I disagree with this. It's taking things too literally, and making it about the OP, not the bullies.

Rather I think they find it fun to see how far they can push you. If there were really hard feelings, they'd be a lot more aggressive. It's a game to them. They are just heartless.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 5:44 pm

They are sadists.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 8:09 pm

I think that counts as a death threat, which should be reported. If you tell somebody to kill themselves and they actually do, you could be charged with manslaughter, so I think that's pretty serious and you should tell someone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 8:14 pm

Sounds like a bunch of idiots to me. They should be reported.

And.....please don't take them seriously.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 9:34 pm

It doesn't make sense. If they don't want to kill themselves why do they want me to kill myself. Literally the most random thing anyone has ever asked me, and it does nothing for anyone.

I've never thought about doing it and I never will. So what do they mean? Are they being friendly or are they mad about something? They usually come up to me and whisper this in my ear "I want you to go home and take that knife and ..." insert graphic comments there. If they're joking, should I say the same thing back? I can easily do it, but I'm so afraid of making the wrong move I can never say anything.

the post does not contain enough information for anyone to know why "people" are telling you to kill yourself.

by the way, how many "people" is it? if it is one, then that is a one on one confrontation. if it is 10, then they outnumber you.

tell him/her/them to leave you alone. as much as practical, stop interacting with them.

if there is someone in charge, such as a teacher or boss, tell on them.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2017, 9:41 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

the post does not contain enough information for anyone to know why "people" are telling you to kill yourself.

by the way, how many "people" is it? if it is one, then that is a one on one confrontation. if it is 10, then they outnumber you.

tell him/her/them to leave you alone. as much as practical, stop interacting with them.

if there is someone in charge, such as a teacher or boss, tell on them.

Yeah, and the "people" might not even be real.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 1:46 am

Thanks for responses.

Usually when I've pressured them enough (when I DO pressure them) they eventually tell me it's because I'm dull and one dimensional. That tells me a little bit of why they take advantage I guess. Still would much rather prefer a more peaceful social environment, and I KNOW they would as well.

Why do people go out of their way to cause harm to others when they expend their own energy in the process?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2017, 7:50 am

If a person keeps on and on saying they're going to commit suicide as an empty threat, other people start thinking that that person wants attention and sympathy, so they call them bluff.

But suicide is nothing to joke about, if they are saying that to you for a joke. You'd have thought NT people would know better than to joke about suicide to your face and think it's funny, and whisper it in your ear! Who are these people who are whispering that in your ear? Psychopaths?

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 9:01 am

I'm sure you know by now how cruel people can be. When I was a shut in I had people tell me to kill myself all the time. Its just stupid people being stupid.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2017, 11:29 am

If someone tells me to go kill myself, I'll just say "Oh, my existence bothers you? Well that's one thing that makes my life worth living." :twisted: