Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2017, 8:51 pm

Why people think they really know you if you live with them for a very long time & that person is your sister or another family member? How can they really know you if you don't talk to them too much? I'm having enough trouble dealing with Asperger & almost falling over when I bend over. I wish I was stronger. I think you can live with someone & not know them if you don't talk to them, how can they think they know you, do they go inside your brain?

I know alot of you have trouble too, how do you deal with them?

Tom Parker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 May 2017, 1:49 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
Why people think they really know you if you live with them for a very long time & that person is your sister or another family member? How can they really know you if you don't talk to them too much? I'm having enough trouble dealing with Asperger & almost falling over when I bend over. I wish I was stronger. I think you can live with someone & not know them if you don't talk to them, how can they think they know you, do they go inside your brain?

I have a similar experience with my family; they all think that they know me which is true enough but they don't really understand me. I think what they mean when they say/think "I know this ASD person very well" is that they have many memories of you, can predict some of your behaviour and may have an emotional attachment to you. Of course, as you and I would agree, this is not sufficient support for the claim of "knowing" the person.

Feel free to chat with me or add me on Facebook

Facebook profile: https://m.facebook.com/?hrc=1&refsrc=ht ... r.71404976

Anon_92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 May 2017, 2:56 am

I ignore everything and focus only what matters to me: my fiance and my elderly parents. The rest of the world and all my siblings can all go to hell because I am having a ball with them!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 6:32 am

Tom Parker wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

I have a similar experience with my family; they all think that they know me which is true enough but they don't really understand me. I think what they mean when they say/think "I know this ASD person very well" is that they have many memories of you, can predict some of your behaviour and may have an emotional attachment to you. Of course, as you and I would agree, this is not sufficient support for the claim of "knowing" the person.

Well said. I completely agree.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 4:48 pm

Tom Parker wrote:

You are smart for a young man. I know my family know me, most of them probably don't remember I have Asperger. My mom wrote to them, but I think they forgot or don't care. Knowing someone is different than really understanding them. My older sister claims of knowing me so good, but she doesn't know how I'm feeling, she never asked how I'm dealing with Cerebral Pasly, Asperger & Psoriasis. It was good that she read alot on Aspergers & talk to doctors & she thinks she an expert cuz her teenage son's friends have Aspergers. Doctors don't even know what goes inside a person's brain.