Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cheffe
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jun 2017, 5:03 pm

I think I have found some sort of balance between the inner me vs the outer world. In fact I think there is no me vs them, we're all connected and what we do to others, we do to ourselves. Thereby, I have left the field of judgement and entered the world of merely observing without registering, everything is what it is. This allows me to get into a meditative state, bringing me closer to my ultimate goal: non-thinking. Therefor it is possible to be more in harmony with myself and others. How to deal with kind people: be kind to them, how to deal with unkind people: be kind to them.. don't lower yourself to their standards. Ofcourse there will be conflicts between your thinking and your doing: learn to forgive yourself for the mistakes you make (and others for the mistakes they make).
If only one person had something about this post, then my job is done. Be an inspiration if you can!
8)

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 5:50 pm

As an agnostic atheist (know that I can't know whether god/s exist/s, but currently suspect not because of lack of evidence), I believe that there is no afterlife or spiritual existence, so life is the only timeframe in which we have consciousness. I also believe that there is no great purpose for human existence, but each person can create or nominate a purpose for themselves, and living in pursuit of this purpose can give their life meaning.

Because of my beliefs, I see my purpose as trying to make life easier and more pleasant for others. I think that everybody is deserving of as good a life as possible (provided that their achievement of a 'good life' does not cause harm to others), and agree that being kind to all people is a positive and noble goal, though sometimes difficult to achieve.

cheffe
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jun 2017, 6:16 pm

.. and I salute you for your positive attitude. I see it more as a philosophy, allthough yes, there is some 'spirituality' involved (I loathe the word spirituality, because of its connection with all the 'new age' crap). It's a leap of faith for me I had to make and you don't have to expect miracles, but I can see subtle changes in my life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 6:41 pm

I happen to believe that the world is mostly either neutral or kind. That's been my experience. And I've been bullied, and have had many negative experiences in my life.

A positive attitude is, usually, a key to the healing of body and mind.

Keep away from the idiots who seek to "break you out" of your positive attitude. I've had people try that on me, to no avail.

FandomConnection
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 6:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I happen to believe that the world is mostly either neutral or kind. That's been my experience. And I've been bullied, and have had many negative experiences in my life.

A positive attitude is, usually, a key to the healing of body and mind.

Keep away from the idiots who seek to "break you out" of your positive attitude. I've had people try that on me, to no avail.

I agree about the world being neutral/kind. I sometimes think about people, and most of them, whilst perhaps preoccupied by superficial things, seem inherently concerned for one another, and would do what they can to help someone in need. It makes me happy to think about. And if I think about the world and am happy, what right does anybody have to tell me that it should not be so?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 7:29 pm

The reason why the world SEEMS negative is because the news media tends to report on negative news; it sells papers.

Also: the Internet is a place where negative people vent and (alas) generally neutral/positive people in bad moods sometime express their "negative side" because of the anonymity of the medium.

Thus, when one is constantly on the Internet or watching TV, and not going out in the "real world," one tends to have a negative impression of the "world," over all. Erroneously negative.

Most people won't go too far out of their way to help you if it's something "minor." But most people, if they see somebody seriously hurt, will try to help that person any way he/she can.

cheffe
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jun 2017, 7:32 pm

Yeah, if I think about it, maybe the title of this post is a bit too black/white, that's just part of my general thinking. I do believe it's some sort of healing from earlier negative experiences, like kraftie said, by balancing out with the positive (I like to see this as a yin yang principle), where my goal is to end up in the middle. I'm almost there. :P

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2017, 9:49 pm

I gave up trying to make sense of this world. As far as I'm concerned, the entire world can go to hell in a hand basket. Just leave me alone.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:45 am

With unkind people,
sometimes you need to be kind to them
from a good safe distance ...
and basically just pray ...
because some people will kick you in the teeth (figuratively speaking)
for being around them physically and being kind to them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 12:48 am

And literally. People can be rough on people who care.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:00 am

the_phoenix wrote:
With unkind people,
sometimes you need to be kind to them
from a good safe distance ...
and basically just pray ...
because some people will kick you in the teeth (figuratively speaking)
for being around them physically and being kind to them.

Agreed.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 1:14 am

Kindness makes you the most beautiful person in the world, no matter what you look like.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 4:44 am

Though I have not found the world to be generally kind or even neutral, I agree with you. Contributing to the behaviour you see as a problem benefits no one.
I view interconnectedness as a basic truth of both religion and fact. don't always get this perfect and neither do you probably, but it's worth the effort. :)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 5:46 am

This is why I forgive... In a hard way too if possible.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 7:03 am

I'm not that interested in "being kind" to just anyone. If someone is sweet and decent and kind to me, I will be pleased by that and give it back likewise.

If someone is an as*hole to me, and deliberately, they are GOING TO GET IT RIGHT BACK.

I'm not interested in being kind to that person. Life's too short and I'm not a saint and I don't want to be one. Like GETS LIKE and that's the end of it.

And that goes for "real life" too, not just the internet. I have had shouting matches in public places with people who were as*holes to me.

The trickier territory is when it's a so-called friend and way more subtle than just being nasty.

But when someone is outright nasty to me I have NO long fuse with that anymore in my life, on or offline.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 9:16 am

LOL....I can become pretty "wolfy" myself sometimes (verbally direct).

And not just in a romantic sense :P