Got kicked out of current living situation

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 5:09 pm

I had a HUGE meltdown yesterday and my relatives told us they couldn't handle it anymore, me and my husband have to leave by Friday! But this morning another relative offered to take us in... For the second time! The only reason we moved from his house before is because he had other renters back then we were not getting along with... Now it would be just this uncle, me and my husband...

Hitch though, it would involve another relocation and I just got a job here but I don't know if the autism place has work for me one county over... But my relatives here don't care about the job they want us gone!

I can't believe people can't be more understanding :(

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 5:24 pm

Would transportation be a problem to the new job?

I know this throws you for a loop--all this relocation. It would throw me for a loop.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 5:40 pm

The job is with clients in the area you are in, the job could be saved if there are clients in this new area. This is NOT the uncle that keeps stealing money from us, this is my youngest "blood" uncle, and he took us in for two months earlier this year... Long story short he likes us and it went from too many people in his house to just him now. We only moved away because "awful" uncle lured us away promising things would be different.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 5:43 pm

I hope there are clients in the new county.

This job would be good for you.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 7:43 pm

Praying for you Angnix,
that both your job situation and your living situation work out well!

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 3:23 am

That sounds pretty bad; don't think I could ever handle something like that. If it's not too personal, may I ask what happened during your meltdown?

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 4:02 am

Angnix wrote:
I had a HUGE meltdown yesterday and my relatives told us they couldn't handle it anymore, me and my husband have to leave by Friday! But this morning another relative offered to take us in... For the second time! The only reason we moved from his house before is because he had other renters back then we were not getting along with... Now it would be just this uncle, me and my husband...

Hitch though, it would involve another relocation and I just got a job here but I don't know if the autism place has work for me one county over... But my relatives here don't care about the job they want us gone!

I can't believe people can't be more understanding :(

Oh dear. That sounds absolutely awful. I've been in that situation a couple of times where I've been evicted from apartments for stimming or meltdowns that were too loud for my neighbours. I really feel for you here.

NTs will never have the understanding required for Autistics like us and our absolute need for emotional release in whatever form it takes. This is something that is as important to us as the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. It is absolutely essential.

But NTs will always see us as nothing more than pathetic drama queens.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 4:45 am

My husband was sick again and that is a HUGE trigger for me. I almost think I have some form of PTSD or other anxiety disorder over husband ending up in the hospital over ANYTHING.... This time husband's issue turned out to be minor but I had a literal crying/explosive meltdown.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 5:25 am

Angnix wrote:
My husband was sick again and that is a HUGE trigger for me. I almost think I have some form of PTSD or other anxiety disorder over husband ending up in the hospital over ANYTHING.... This time husband's issue turned out to be minor but I had a literal crying/explosive meltdown.

Explosive? Did something break or did someone get hurt?

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 6:11 am

It has to be a tough time. Keep us posted.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 6:52 am

I threw pill bottles all over the place, declaring I had enough of my sick husband and they would never see me again and I took off in the car and turned off my phone and drove to the ER where they said I was having "stress issues" and they told me to go back home. My husband turned out to have just bad constipation but he gets so worked up over his own health he thinks everything is an emergency himself which is part of the issue. But he did have me take him to the ER on Thanksgiving making miss dinner!

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 11:51 am

I found out they do have clients in that area and I can keep my job if I want it, but my uncle is charging low enough rent I wouldn't absolutely need it, but it would give me something to do?

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2017, 11:54 am

Angnix wrote:
I found out they do have clients in that area and I can keep my job if I want it, but my uncle is charging low enough rent I wouldn't absolutely need it, but it would give me something to do?

My advice:

Take the job.
You will be earning money.
You will be gaining experience.
You will be helping people.

It sounds like a really good opportunity for you! :)

I'm happy that things are turning around for you,
this could lead to great things! :D