Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:43 am

OMG I HATE this, yes!! !! !

It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I cannot stand it.

And it happens daily because in my city, it's crowded no matter where you go, and people have lost all sense of personal space, their own OR other people's.

It's one thing if a place is heaving and we are all crowded together. I don't like that either but I can kinda-sorta deal with it.

But what really gets to me is if there is actually space for people to give each some space, but someone STILL crowds me and walks RIGHT NEXT to me or RIGHT BEHIND me. I cannot stand it.

There was some man in the supermarket last week who rushed very fast out of a side-aisle and RIGHT UP BEHIND ME as if he fully expected to walk at the same speed but in my slipstream. I wasn't walking fast -- my problematic knee joints were particularly painful that week and I was in agony just moving at all. But I have nobody to go shopping for me so I have to do it myself, sick or not sick, painful joints or not.

This guy so SWWOOSHED into me that I actually turned around and stared RIGHT AT him with an annoyed look on my face, stopping dead in my tracks. He was right behind me with the intimacy of a lover!! His face was RIGHT there. And he said "Go on, go on!" Like I was nothing more than a little child being urged forward by an impatient parent.

It was so f*****g RUDE. I stayed standing still, while he rushed around me and on his way. SO rude.

I also constantly get this walking along a street even if my knees are having a better day and I'm walking at a normal pace.

The worst is when I'm in my building. My building has a stairwell, and then you step into a long, straight corridor that has all the apartment doors along it. There is often people coming and going but mostly it's quiet and much of the time you can expect to be the only one on the stairs or the only one passing along the corridor.

So something that really gives me "the willies" is when someone is behind me on the stairs and follows me into my floor's corridor, and is walking along behind me all the way.

It's not even that I feel fearful -- it's not about attack or anything, it just gives me the willies to have this one person right on my heels as I'm walking along an otherwise deserted hallway. I hate it. I will even try to avoid this happening. If I hear someone starting up the stairs I get out of the stairwell on the wrong floor and go to the other end of the building.

ScarletIbis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Aug 2017, 4:41 pm

I hate this SO much, it's not even funny. It is especially horrible if you have hypersensitivity (I hear the conversation in the other room before I hear someone talking to me) and can just hear every breath they take or their hands rubbing together or fumbling with their clothes or when they are just talking to someone else behind you. It is always horrible when someone behind you is yelling in your ear talking to someone beside you.

Feel free to message me if you want

Please understand that everything I write should be read with a grain of salt because I frequently adjust my views based on new information (just read a description of INTP that should explain better than I)

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2017, 4:43 pm

Hate it

germanium
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2017, 5:45 pm

When I am working definately yes it bothers me. Having been abused by those who did so doesn't help.It is mainly authority figures that bother me a lot but even peers bother me somewhat. I cringe when somebody stands behind me.
If someone approaches & I don't know they are there I startle violently to the point of even hurting my neck from sudden hard jerk to the side the person is on sometimes. I even went as far as locking the bedroom door to prevent my girlfriend from startling me by aproaching me from behind when I'm listening to music for this very reason. She doesn't even have to touch me nor do I have to see her to be startled, just feel the slight breeze from her approaching me.