Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

lazyflower
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2017, 2:57 pm

Social relationships, especially friendships, are stressful for me.

Having to figure out how to be social and communicate well enough, drains me of energy every day. So does worrying about every move I make and overanalyze every move someone else makes. I also have an inferiority complex which doesn't make things easier. On some areas, I've honestly gotten worse mentally since I've gotten friends because of the constant stress and feelings of anxiety it causes me.

Sometimes I just feel like isolating myself from everyone. I think it'd relieve so much for me. I could just be myself, without having to put so much energy into things all the time. I wouldn't get upset over something someone did or said, and I wouldn't have to worry that something I did or said caused someone else to be upset. Most of all, I like to think that I wouldn't have to worry about what people think of me, cause it wouldn't matter. I'd be alone and that's it.

However, I've almost tried this before already. And it made honestly me lonely and miserable.

So this is my dilemma. I feel like I can never really be happy or satisfied, because everything, friends or no friends, causes me some sort of problem.

I just needed to get this off my chest, so thank you if you're still reading.
I'd of course also really appreciate hearing any thoughts on this you might like to share

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 7:02 pm

Every time I read one of these sorts of posts, I feel compelled to ask:

What are you interested in?

Every time I feel the way you do, I revert back to some of my "special interests" like the weather.

These days, I also like watching YouTube and watching trucks go cross-country (USA, mostly) on the nation's highways.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 8:47 pm

Special interests are more fun than friends sometimes anyway :D ^^^^^^^

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2017, 9:06 pm

I have used my special interests to find friendships and improve my life. My interest in tennis led me to begin taking lessons at age 50. My tennis instructor said that some people took up lessons even later than that.