Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Tresmantra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Nov 2017, 9:41 am

Hey, everyone.

I wanted to create this topic because I'm very interested in (1) how prescribed medical marijuana effects my behavior and (2) wanting to create a discourse with the community of their experiences on marijuana.

To begin with, I really become aware of the tendencies I do in social situations. For example, in a grocery store, if I'm waiting behind people (or vice versa), I will not know where to look so I'll focus on different parts of the room with 2-second intervals between fixations. But what marijuana enhances this awkwardness to a degree that unbearable.

What is it great at? For me: bridging that gap of the person I present to people and what I truly feel like and want to be like.

I'm just not sure if the pros outweigh the cons. What are your thoughts on the subject? Any personal experiences with certain aspects of your behavior if you've used marijuana?

Thanks for reading. -Michael

Endling
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Nov 2017, 10:46 am

I have tried it twice in my life. Both times it made me extremely paranoid and fearful. I tried it to see if it would help me escape my default anxious state, but it only exacerbated things. I won't be trying it again! But it does affect everybody differently and even the way you ingest it can influence how it'll make you feel, so I can totally understand how it may be helpful to some people... it is mostly known as a substance that relaxes you and slows things down after all.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 1:41 pm

When I smoked weed it made me understand people better. It made me think more clearly after the high. During the high Im paranoid and think Im going to die. Its weird but when Im high I cant hear what people are saying.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 1:48 pm

It makes me paranoid and anxious these days but when I was younger I used tonsmokenitnall the time, every day and I was fine.

I can't honestly say that it helped me in any way though.

I just used to get stoned.

I'm not really a one for advocating drugs because what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another.

One mans poison and all that.

heffe1981
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Nov 2017, 2:36 pm

You need to view Marijuana like the plant that it is. It needs to be harvested at the right time. The problem is that it is usually harvested too early. This results in completely raw THC D9 and a totally stimulant effect with no oxidase terpenoids or CBD/CBV etc to round off the high, not to mention the full personality and indeed beneficial qualities medicinally speaking, are not present either. Most cannabis users do not have a problem with this, but some do. It has been recently discovered that a lot of novices or infrequent users who use cannabis which is immature, will have a paranoid reaction, become confused, and may even have physiological experiences such as heart palpitations and break out into a sweat and have panic attacks.

Commercial cultivators, aka, “cash croppers” are entirely focused on cultivating cannabis purely for profit. They want the biggest returns. In the latter stages of development in the cannabis flowering cycle, where plants stop growing, they cease to put any more energy into increasing bud mass, which is weight, which is the saleable product after being dried, so this is when most strains are harvested. As you can see, the emphasis is on yield, when the trichomes are clear. It is at this stage, which makes a lot of cannabis users feel paranoid and gives them adverse effects. So over the years and decades, inferior product predominates the market. This is usually because those who consider themselves knowledgeable on cannabis in governments and their advisors, don’t actually know that much about it and only see cannabis as money, not the complex, high order plant which needs to be grown to full maturity.

Not really on Xbox live

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 2:22 pm

I've smoked off and on for almost 20 years, although usually I don't. It is the only substance I'm comfortable with.
I've always thought of how I feel when I'm high like turning the amplifier all the way up. My mind races even more than usual and all of my senses feel heightened. It can really be overwhelming sometimes.
For me it's another instance of finding the right balance. Overall my experience with it has been mostly positive. I've met good people, been inspired, thought of things in different ways that sometimes proved beneficial.
But I can't smoke everyday, can't smoke in the morning unless my plan for the day revolves around taking a nap.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 2:37 pm

Most people talk about weed like it is a single homogenous plant when in fact each strain and it's medical properties are unique. So instead of asking or stating whether weed helps with x,y,z, the answer is yes and no because it depends on which strain you are using.

Some strains of weed calm me down while others make me anxious or paranoid. The dose matters too, low doses can have opposite effects to higher.