Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 12:47 pm

I have real bad sleep problems. Most of the time it takes 1 or 2 hours to sleep. Sometimes I wait that long than try to find something to do and quit and wait some more. And does anybody do stuff in their sleep? Half the time I'll wake up on the couch whenI know I fell asleep in my room.

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 2:47 pm

When I change my routine dramantically my sleep patterns go haywire. For example when I left school for summer break and started working, I had the problem of not being able to sleep for a hour, two hours. Also, I moved my bedtime from 8:30 to 11:00, so I was falling alseep at 12:00/1:00. ugh!

It gets a lot better once I do a regular routine.

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 4:00 pm

I tend to sleep fine.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 5:12 pm

I'm going to keep suggesting Desyrel (Trazodone) for people with sleep problems. I take 200 mg 1-hour before bedtime, my roommate takes 100 mg. This is not a sleeping pill, it's used as an antidepressant in larger doses, but in smaller doses work great to help you get to sleep. I sleep undisturbed :D, for the first time in my life my covers are as neat when I get up as they were when I went to bed :D, and I'm not groggy when I get up, as I would be if I used sleeping pills :D. ask your doctor.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2005, 8:52 pm

it usually takes me hours to go to sleep at night. In the day I can go to sleep in seconds. It sucks.

Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Jun 2005, 11:36 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
I have real bad sleep problems. Most of the time it takes 1 or 2 hours to sleep. Sometimes I wait that long than try to find something to do and quit and wait some more. And does anybody do stuff in their sleep? Half the time I'll wake up on the couch whenI know I fell asleep in my room.

Lets see layed down at around 1:00 to try to get to sleep. Didn't fall asleep till about 3-4:00 and it was a real light sleep. I guess I have the same problem as you. Wish I knew what to do.

hale_bopp wrote:
it usually takes me hours to go to sleep at night. In the day I can go to sleep in seconds. It sucks.

Same here. I went to sleep at 6:00 this afternoon and woke up at 10.