Join Me and Let's Be a Family This Christmas!

Page 2 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 8:46 pm

^ That's a lovely sentiment :heart:

Well it's a foggy Christmas Eve here, not a star in sight... Come on, Rudolph, don't let us down!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 8:47 pm

freezing cold and snowing. ugh. :santa:

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 8:50 pm

Hey merry xmas.

I am alone this year as i have no family left. Last night (early hours of xmas eve) i was knocked off my bike and left unconscoius in the road. I was in the hospital for a few hours for a concussion and because I don't have anyone to check on me, but I am home now and and yup a bit tipsy on meds and vodka but what the hell.

I decided to come back as atleast here i have a comfy bed, there is less noise (good god hospitals are noisy), less light (their lights are far too bright) and i have good food here, which is more than i can say for the nhs.

Anyway, as long as I dont cough, right now my head does not hurt me, and they gave me good pain releving drugs and antisickess meds.

But merry xmas anyway and may you have a wonderful and magnificent new year!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 8:53 pm

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
Hey merry xmas. I am alone this year as i have no family left. Last night (early hours of xmas eve) i was knocked off my bike and left unconscoius in the road. I was in the hospital for a few hours for a concussion and because I don't have anyone to check on me, but I am home and and yup a bit tipsy on meds and vodka. As long as I dont cough, right now my head does not hurt me. But merry xmas anyway and may you have a wonderful and magnificent new year!

8O something like that happened to my mom, only [since my mom was unconscious and could not defend herself]
the other guy [the guy who hit her] told the cop it was all her fault, and the cop believed him and my mom got the ticket. purgatory exists for people like that. anyways, I hope you are careful with the alky and the meds at the same time.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:00 pm

Hello everbody

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm

hello Alex :flower: merry Xmas to you and yours :santa:

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:16 pm

And many happy returns to you too Aunt Blabby. Unlike previous years I haven't been dumped by a woman in November (didn't have one to dump me), and no one close has died. This counts as a giddy upswing on Planet Alexanderplatz.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:20 pm

that is a positive outlook IMHO. :star:

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:23 pm

I was so excited I bought my first Christmas tree ever, that has got to be a positive. Instead of a fairy on top though I have a little Mexican Day of the Dead mascot.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

if I had more space, i'd have a proper [plastic or aluminum] xmas tree year 'round. actually i'd have two, located stereo left and right, and hide my Bose satellites [speakers] in the branches so i'd have a pair of musical trees to serenade me year 'round. :dj:

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm

Mine is bare, only about 2 feet tall and bought it late in Lidl as it was cheap (lidl is a discount store). Might buy some tinsel. Still, it is a tree, and they have meaning in the heathen sense, like the days getting longer and all that basic reality thing.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:35 pm

May you have
the gladness of Christmas,
which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas,
which is peace; and the heart of Christmas,
which is love.

-A. V. Hendricks

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 10:36 pm

Remember as a kid we had a fake tree that must have dated back to the 1930's. It had real f*****g candles in it, and for about 15 minutes after Christmas dinner they would be lit and we would all enjoy the dangerous pleasure of it. A bit like a version of hannukah I suppose, only with lots more fire hazard.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 11:01 pm

My house Christmas tree is...
Uhm, about 4ft, consists of dead tree leafless branches bundled together with a wire, and theres no place to put a star on top at. With a round hollow block as a base, decorated by some cloth, old ornaments, and Christmas lights. :lol:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2017, 11:58 pm

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2017, 12:01 am

every xmas I trot out the xmas suit :santa: