Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 4:32 am

Uhh a lot of times I end up with junk I didn't need while forgetting whatever thing I went out to get. Or even if I do have specific things to get it can take me quite a while to look through different options to choose the most cost effective or best quality...like sometimes I take so long a store person comes to ask if I need help, but there is nothing they can help me with because I prefer to browse products myself to find the right thing. Like I recently went to get some stuff to style my hair because I got my dreads cut off and have sort of a mohawk going on so needed something to style it and one of the people gave some suggestions but I just got something else...because they just showed me hair gels which in the past when I have had shorter hair I didn't like it...so I got something that is more of a styling cream has more the texture of lotion than hair gel and doesn't add a bunch of shine. I still have dandruff so I certainly don't want a hair gel that makes hair shiny as it might make the dandruff more viable.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 5:01 am

Lists, lists and more lists. I have lists reminding me to make lists... it's the only way.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 5:17 am

Most of the time, yes. I usually remember most of the stuff I go there for, but sometimes I just feel so overstimulated that I'll decide not to buy certain things, and regret it later. I hate when I'm pouring over labels, trying to decide, and I'm just getting in other peoples' way who already know what they want =|

I don't mind impulse shopping though, I like to try new things, so I usually find something tasty and/or healthy to snack on. I've really been trying to branch out with my diet, especially since I don't eat gluten anymore.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Like I recently went to get some stuff to style my hair because I got my dreads cut off and have sort of a mohawk going on so needed something to style it...

I've never tried it, but I've heard that regular old Elmer's glue works well for a solid mohawk. I can't imagine it's much fun to wash out, though.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 5:22 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Most of the time, yes. I usually remember most of the stuff I go there for, but sometimes I just feel so overstimulated that I'll decide not to buy certain things, and regret it later. I hate when I'm pouring over labels, trying to decide, and I'm just getting in other peoples' way who already know what they want =|

I don't mind impulse shopping though, I like to try new things, so I usually find something tasty and/or healthy to snack on. I've really been trying to branch out with my diet, especially since I don't eat gluten anymore.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Like I recently went to get some stuff to style my hair because I got my dreads cut off and have sort of a mohawk going on so needed something to style it...

I've never tried it, but I've heard that regular old Elmer's glue works well for a solid mohawk. I can't imagine it's much fun to wash out, though.

I hate whenever I go out to get something specific it seems without fail the place I need to go into to get the item is packed, and its hard for me to decide on something if I am crowded everything gets all jumbled up and I have to take even more time....especially with hair products and soap and such I prefer more natural stuff with minimal artificial crap so I like to check the product labels and such before I buy something to make sure it is what I want.

Also I am sure that sort of glue would help a mohawk stick up, but yeah washing it out would be terrible....lol luckily I found some stuff that sticks the hair up without leaving a bunch of crap kept it in place even after I put a hat on to go outside for a cigarette. LOl also I have kind of sensative skin, so I need to be careful what I put on it.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 5:43 am

It's why I shop for everything online - even groceries. I can take my time (even save it and come back later if I want more time to decide) then get it all delivered while the whole time being in the comfort of my jammies! Once you figure out your size on things, it gets a lot easier. And returns are really easy through Amazon.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 5:55 am

I wouldn't say I "suck" at shopping. When I go out to buy something I need, I go out to buy that specific thing and avoid picking up anything extra. And if I do pick up something extra, I still make sure to spend as little as possible.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 9:26 am

I hate the process of having to go from store to store to compare prices. And I hate it when the shopping trip takes longer because of returns.

I don't browse in stores. I just get what I need, and go on to more important things.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 9:39 am

I only suck at shopping if it involves anyone else 'with' me -- whether by proxy (not being specific, not knowing their preferences, how they buy things, etc.) or buying close proximity (I would rather go out alone than being dragged or that I have to drag someone).

Otherwise, I have no problems with shopping.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 9:42 am

No, I usually come back with what I went out to buy. If there are more than a few things, I make a list.

I might browse the DVD and/or book section, but I usually don't get tempted (mostly because of the selection).

I wouldn't like getting groceries online, I wanna hand pick them myself to avoid meat with lots of fat or sinews as much as I can (because that's icky to eat for me), and I wanna pick good veggies without blemishes I have to slice off.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

JT_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2018, 10:47 am

I hate shopping, the only thing I enjoy shopping for is a new car.

RAADS-R: 170

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2018, 1:07 pm

I love shopping for food because I love cooking, and I love shopping for books especially in secondhand bookshops because books are my friends. I am happy to spend lots of time shopping for food or books by myself. For anything else I do lots of research online and make lists so I know exactly what I want and do not get sidetracked by anything else.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 1:14 pm

Music CD's, and books.

Loitering in places that sell those two things is a pleasure.

Any other kind of store is a chore, and is draining.

Especially clothes. Especially pants. I am more into clothes, and having a healthy vanity than before but still shopping for clothes is a chore. Especially pants because you cant just "pick" them. You have to go in the back and try them on (and worry about your wallet etc). Wear an odd size of pants apparently, and you can never be sure that the size designation of one pair means exactly the same thing as the same designation on another pair.

Buc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Jan 2018, 2:17 pm

I'll buy clothes at a thrift store before I go to a mall. Target is my main store.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2018, 2:34 pm

My shopping top tips for survival:

Online shopping whenever possible.

Go to shops for 5 minutes before they open so they are empty when you walk in

List it. I have a note in my pocket for all I need and which shops they are in.

Get in and get out. Do it quick so when you leave it still isn't so busy.

Take earphones so you can zone out of all the noise going on.

When it's getting too much go into a book shop. They are quiet and I find peace being surrounded by books. Waterstones saves my life sometimes!

If it's a supermarket then use self service checkouts to avoid conversation.