Page 3 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which level of ASD do you have?
I am diagnosed with ASD level 0 (subclinical) 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
I am diagnosed with ASD level 1 (requiring support) 45%  45%  [ 34 ]
I am diagnosed with ASD level 2 (requiring substantial support) 19%  19%  [ 14 ]
I am diagnosed with ASD level 3 (requiring very substantial support) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 0 (subclinical), but I am not diagnosed with it 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 1 (requiring support), but I am not diagnosed with it 13%  13%  [ 10 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 2 (requiring substantial support), but I am not diagnosed with it 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
I would say that I have ASD level 3 (requiring very substantial support), but I am not diagnosed with it 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 75

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 4:10 pm

If I have ASD, it should be clinical case, not level 0. And not level 3 - I can go to the doctor or to the shop by myself, without help of others.

But I am very poor in occupational area. I functioned generally well in schools (I had good marks).

One priest said that it is very probable that I would never be able to marry and that it is very probable that a person like I is not capable of committing sacrilege. Another priest said that I am so ill that I can't commit mortal sin. These opinions would rather suggest level 2, not just 1.

I have disability level 2 (ruling of moderate level of disability and total incapability of work).

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 5:00 pm

I don't understand how you can have ASD and be subclinical , I thought an ASD diagnosis was dependent on your difficulties.

Anyone who is subclinical has BAP imo ( I'm talking about recent dx not old ones where you have learned to adapt )

When I asked what level I was , I was told there are no levels anymore.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 5:09 pm

Subclinical autism spectrum condition is not considered an autism spectrum disorder, but I think that it is a form of autism also, but a very high functioning autism. I think that social communication disorder and (especially "social" subtype of) nonverbal learning disability might be called "autism" also because people with them also can be viewed as "odd" and socially inept.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2018, 5:21 pm

^ thanks for clearing that up.

Call me pedantic but you have just made up a non existent level and have now said it's not an ASD.

Not being provocative just clarifying things

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:45 pm

Subclinical autism spectrum may be abbreviated as AS level 0 (without "D" from "disorder"). Can a person have a spouse, own children, well-paid job, friends and have at least ASD level 1, or such a person has to have just subclinical autism spectrum condition?

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 5:50 pm

nca14 wrote:
Subclinical autism spectrum may be abbreviated as AS level 0 (without "D" from "disorder"). Can a person have a spouse, own children, well-paid job, friends and have at least ASD level 1, or such a person has to have just subclinical autism spectrum condition?

Of course someone can.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 6:33 pm

Are here people with ASD level 1 (or higher) who are in marriage, have biological children, are not unemployed or underemployed or have many friends?

I am not in marriage and without biological offspring, I have never had a close friendship (and rather no friends at all in my life, I had the best relations with my brother when I was a child and now I have the best relations with my grandmother) and was underemployed (in addition, have very simple job for a person with disability certificate) or unemployed.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Dec 2018, 6:44 pm

I'm diagnosed with level 1, although I think I might be closer to a 2. :oops: I have very poor independent living skills, although my domestic living skills are great. I can't handle transportation on my own or work a common job. As of now, I am incapable of supporting myself. I've taken on jobs at home to compensate until I can enter the workforce. I've also taken this past year as a "gap year" until I start college next fall, in order to work on my independence skills. I worry about how I'll adjust to a classroom, since I've never attended mainstream school, but I'm hopeful that it will pave the way for me to grow closer to true "level 1" status. I think I'm capable of it, just at a slower pace.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 6:56 pm

You rather not have just a mild disability based on what you wrote.
What independent living skills are very poor in your case?
What are "domestic living skills", which are great at your case?
I have never work "common" job, I worked 7 hours daily instead of 8 for five months because I have ruling of moderate level of disability. I had one job without ruling of disability at the beginning of September 2017, but it was only one hour per day and it lasted eight days, I found announcement about that job in the foundation which helps people with disabilities.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 12:58 pm

When I was officially diagnosed roughly around the age of 3, I probably would have fit under level 2 under the DSM-5. But I'm older now and was given intensive ABA therapy when I was younger, so now I likely fit under level 1. (ABA was not all roses, though.)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 10:20 pm

Prometheus18 wrote:
I don't require any support in day to day living, so I guess it'd have to be level 0.

Same here, can do well on my own, but the social problems (mostly isolation and maintaining relationships) and exhaustion from social situations is still there.

Most people don't see my problems and go "but you seem to normal" as if Aspergers was a disease with physical effects, like a rash or something. #Duh

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2019, 10:59 pm

Ichinin wrote:
Prometheus18 wrote:
I don't require any support in day to day living, so I guess it'd have to be level 0.

Same here, can do well on my own, but the social problems (mostly isolation and maintaining relationships) and exhaustion from social situations is still there.

Most people don't see my problems and go "but you seem to normal" as if Aspergers was a disease with physical effects, like a rash or something. #Duh

Same for me. :|

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 3:44 am

I was only diagnosed last year, and the psychologist didn't state a level, probably thought me Level 0, but I ticked Level 1.

(I may have been Level 0 when younger, but a few years ago I started having issues with maintaining work and then maintaining relationship with husband, and now got some kind of anxiety/ptsd-like condition, which has me taking meds and in counselling.
Feels like my autism has got worse but it's probably just losing coping skills with age. Whatever.
Anyway, that's why I'm calling myself Level 1).

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 1:20 pm

I don't know.

When I was diagnosed in 2013 the new DSM 5 manual subsuming Aspergers had just come out. It was unknown as to what the future of the then-new diagnosis was going to be and my clinician who diagnosed me was opposed to the change. So I was diagnosed with both Aspergers with moderate severity under the DSM IV and ASD sans level under the DSM 5.

I am content to just say I am Autistic and leave it at that.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jan 2019, 10:50 am

nca14 wrote:
You rather not have just a mild disability based on what you wrote.
What independent living skills are very poor in your case?
What are "domestic living skills", which are great at your case?
I have never work "common" job, I worked 7 hours daily instead of 8 for five months because I have ruling of moderate level of disability. I had one job without ruling of disability at the beginning of September 2017, but it was only one hour per day and it lasted eight days, I found announcement about that job in the foundation which helps people with disabilities.

My domestic living skills are basically any self-care or maintenance routines around the house. Laundry, cooking, cleaning...I've been able to handle those skills from an early age. I have pretty severe SPD, though, which results in a very limited ability to navigate most environments on my own. I have had volunteer jobs throughout my teenage years. I worked for a long time as a classroom aid and a tutor. In each case I proved incompetent, usually because I had a sensory shutdown that made me unable to complete necessary tasks or because of some other autism-related challenge. I do wonder if perhaps my autism really is only Level 1 and the issues I face are the result of autism + NVLD, which I was recently diagnosed with. I don't know how the two disorders interact and how their compounded issues would affect a person.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 4:28 pm

I think that autism spectrum condition level 0 could be named as a sort of mental disorder. For me it is also autism, but really high-functioning one. AS level 0 is "requiring no support". But for me it is an obvious aucorigia (developmental disorder with autocontrast and originailty).

In Poland a pervasive developmental disorder must be at least moderate to qualify for ruling of disability level, so it looks that if someone has just a mild PDD that person would not receive disability certificate due to PDD at all. Mild intellectual disability do not qualify for ruling of disability also (and about 75% of all individuals with intellectual disability have only mild ID), you have to have at least moderate intellectual development disorder to have ruling of disability due to IDD. It think that it is not fair, even more unfair that not giving disability certificate for people with mild PDD.

So I think that "subclinical autism spectrum" should be rather named as "mild autism spectrum disorder" (a mild pervasive developmental disorder) and be "true" ASD level 1. ASD level 1 according to DSM should then be ASD level 2, and ASD lvl 2 should be level 3, ASD level 3 - ASD level 4. For me if someone has constellation of autistic traits and has certain deficits in day-to-day life should be named as having autism, even if is truly high-functioning.