Auitsm and Music- what kind of music do you like?

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

what kind of music do you like?
classical 14%  14%  [ 21 ]
country 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
classic rock 11%  11%  [ 16 ]
alternative rock 13%  13%  [ 19 ]
metal 9%  9%  [ 13 ]
punk 8%  8%  [ 12 ]
polka 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
orchestral 9%  9%  [ 13 ]
electronic 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
club music 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
pop 7%  7%  [ 10 ]
other 15%  15%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 145

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:39 pm

Classical
Classic Rock and Roll
Broadway show tunes

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 1:52 pm

• Country music
  • Film soundtracks: Spaghetti westerns; poliziotteschi; exploitation; Hong Kong
  • Folk music: Greek; Balkans; British; Irish (especially when done by non-Anglophones)
  • British TV testcard and startup music from yesteryear
  • Classical
  • Patriotic music, particularly but not exclusively British
  • Northern Irish unionist marching bands
  • TV themes

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 4:06 pm

I've voted Other which is code for anything I can get my hands on.

Andrewdarr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Mar 2018, 4:11 pm

I have awful taste in music. :oops:

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

04 Mar 2018, 5:14 pm

Indie folk, acoustic singer/songwriter, and jazz from the 30s-60s (what passes for jazz these days is more like easy listening muzak). Also soundtracks and classical, and folk music from pretty much anywhere (just bought an album of Georgian polyphonic chant the other day, for example). But I'm pretty open minded as long as it's not over-produced, autotuned, and dripping with electronic noise. :p Suffice to say 80s pop is my worst nightmare. :lol:

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2018, 8:00 pm

I really enjoy the Russian red army choir and I always enjoy lots of Finish music.

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 2:19 pm

I don`t listen to music half as much as I should! As a way to care for my own wellbeing!

As I did when I was young.

About the age of twelve I discovered The Beatles and looking back I can see how my enthusiasm and admiration for The Beatles was overwelming. I read the biogrophy "Shout" several times, keeping the book within reach as much as I could.

I would sit in the sofa with all my Beatles records in may lap, headphones on and pick what LP to put on. And while listening I would turn the LP`s in my lap over like pages in a book and watch the photos on each cover over and over....and amuse myself with looking up so I couldn`t see, turn the records and stop at random and surprise myself with witch one I now had in front of me....Those records meant the world to me! I brought Beatles-albums with me when I went with my parents for weekendvisits.

This I would do instead of going out with the other kids. Instead I longed for "Liverpool and the 60`s"(the way I imagined it) and the landscapes and stories I found in the lyrics, because I did pay close attention to the lyrics. I learned them to sing the songs myself. I still sing them to myself, the ones I still remember. I sing alot at home. I sing to release stress I think, and to overcome doing boring tasks. I need to know a few songs by heart to have a repertoir for this.
I also tried to learn from the lyrics; about life. And this world that I pictured in my head, from listening to the songs, couldn`t match the one I had to my disposal. My mind was "in Liverpool" or somewhere in a Beatlessong instead of the schoolyard with the other girls.

But I also listened to soundtracks back then as I still do. I love emotional orchestral music and there are certain tunes and songs that touches me in a very special way.

I like a lot of artists and songs that are nice playing the background, but some find their way into my emotional life in a much more intense way than others. Also at twelve I went to see E.T., five times in the movietheater and still it felt too few. I needed the soundtrack-album and in my room I would dance and dance every day, in a ballet-like style, to this soundtrack learning the details of the musicpieces as I danced.

I have used soundtracks and music to help me motivate myself to keep working, to remind me of my goals or give me the feeling of being connected to my goals and dreams.
So later I listened to the Cosmos-soundtrack and the Star Wars-theme (which I recorded from the televisionset one time a Star Wars-movie was aired on TV) when I was living away from home going to high school, trying to cope. It may sound silly.

The soundtracks that have filled my heart with joy and overwelming emotions in my adult years have been LOTR, Totoro, How to train your dragon and The Piano. I have listened to LOTR- return of the king`"The White tree", Totoro`s "Path of the wind", How to train your dragon`s "Test Drive" and The Piano`s "The heart asks pleasure first" on repeat over and over. These tunes have had some kind of connection to my dreams or hopes or something, my inner landscape maybe. It feel almost like I feed myself emotionally on these musicpieces. And like it clears away stress and fills me with the emotions that help me keep going.

Anyway, musicians and composers deserve lot`s of huge thanks for giving this to us! What would life be without them!

Also, I was amused to see that my choises in the poll where exactly how the majority had chosen....and still I had to leave out one since I couldn`t vote more than five times. I like different sorts of music.

apus apus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Mar 2018, 2:41 pm

Electronic music, the "Berliner Schule" type specifically, especially Klaus Schulze. His music is SO... compatible with my brain, this is unbelieveable.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 3:39 pm

Home - I yearn to be back in the Ribble Valley. Happier times.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 4:01 pm

Tequila wrote:

My Mums family are from Pendle my Granddad was born in Alice Nutters old house his family were tenant farmers.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 4:10 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
Tequila wrote:

My Mums family are from Pendle my Granddad was born in Alice Nutters old house his family were tenant farmers.

I'm from near Clitheroe.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2018, 4:31 pm

My paternal grand mother was evacuated to Clitheroe during the war.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 1:41 am

I like all sorts of music, but my favourite is country. I also like march, polka and techno.

I like decade music too, particularly '60s, '70s, '90s and early 2000s. I do not like the music that's out now, and I don't blame that on my age either because my grandmother liked the '70s music which was the "new music" when my mother was young.

Some music I like is "naff" too.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2018, 6:25 pm

I like a bit of everything but favour classic rock, punk and electronic. My favourite band is Sparks, who have covered many genres from hard rock to disco (it took them three albums to accomplish this shift BTW!) to orchestral pop.

I generally don't like modern music.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~