Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Theretheirtheyre
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2018, 10:52 pm

I don't know how life is going to be for me. Everything's messed up and not good. My family is constantly fighting, I am temporarily separated from my cat, and life is becoming too much to handle. Nobody seems to understand just how much I struggle. I'm not trying to say I have a poor life, it's not bad, but I can't live right. Going out is too hard, being around anyone at this point is difficult. I can't see myself being independent, and it frightens me. I can't have a job, or friends, and even my family is causing more anxiety than usual. I have hid so much of myself from them, and I was afraid if I began to act more like myself, they'd like me less. I'm 16, and I just quit my fourth job. My family is pressuring me to start driving, which I know I am not ready for. It's just overwhelming. Maybe I am just complaining about nothing, so I am sorry if I am. I just had to type.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 11:06 pm

I sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 11:10 pm

It's very likely that things will get better for you as you get older. I'm sorry you are missing your cat, as cats have been very valuable in my life and my daughter's. Try to survive your family's squabbling. When I was your age, I used to go for very long walks in the evening, to be by myself, listen to the wind, and just get out of the house.

Are you still in school? What's this about four jobs you've quit? We could use a few more details.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 11:16 pm

The only job I had by the time I was 16 was as a delivery boy. I didn’t stay long.

I’m sorry you’re going through your stuff.

Do you have a particular special interest?

Theretheirtheyre
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2018, 11:21 pm

Bea, I am still in school. I quit due to loud sounds, severe anxiety, and hearing difficulties.

Theretheirtheyre
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Jul 2018, 11:22 pm

Kraftie,

I enjoy animals.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2018, 11:50 pm

That seems really rough.

I never had any job at all until I was 18, a summer job after my first year of college. I know high school for me was very much a full time job in itself - having a job in addition to that would be really hard. I also didn't really have any friends in high school.

But the thing that seems hardest about what you said is about your family. For me, I was always very close to my family. And that's all the more important when it's really hard to make friends. Has your family gotten along better in the past? Have you been more able to be open with them in the past?

I really hope things get better for you.