Page 3 of 10 [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 4:12 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
If I were starving in the woods (like in that Charlie Chaplin movie) and had to pick between a boiled rubber boot, and chicken mcnuggets, I would pick the McNuggets, but normally McNuggets aren't anything I go out of my way for.

But FYI there is a running joke here on WP about how folks will start threads with titles like "I like cottage cheese. Is that an autism thing?" Its a recurring thing. Thus a thing to make fun of.

So when I saw the title of this thread I thought "Damn! Why didn't I think of that? Chicken McNuggets is even funnier than cottage cheese as something to link to autism!".

I wasn't having a go if that's how it came across , I was trying to add to the humour.

I was addressing the OP, not you in that post.

Yeah , I'm not the most bit paranoid and over sensitive at the moment :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 4:14 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
And what makes you believe you can speak for everybody else with autism?

I'd hazzard a guess and say being 14 and on the spectrum.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErP3weqAD_Q

8)

You cheeky little stampycat :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2018, 8:23 pm

I sometimes buy frozen chicken nuggets but I prefer chicken wings or tenders as they are much more tasty. Chicken nuggets are usually cheaper, but they're a little too much like cafeteria food. I haven't eaten McDonald's chicken nuggets in ages.

Anyway, my favorite meal is spaghetti and meatballs. But I don't assume all people on the spectrum like it or at least have it on their favorites list. :)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 2:01 am

All joking aside, most kids autistic or not like chicken nuggets or tinders as a staple. I used to eat them pretty regularly, but have since switched to chicken wings. I could probably get by satisfaction wise eating nothing but chicken wings.

elsapelsa
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 7:40 am

EzraS wrote:
All joking aside, most kids autistic or not like chicken nuggets or tinders as a staple. I used to eat them pretty regularly, but have since switched to chicken wings. I could probably get by satisfaction wise eating nothing but chicken wings.

:D you are probably mostly right. Saying that my autistic 8 year old experienced major anxiety when a school friend was going to mcDonald's for her birthday party and invited her. She has never eaten any junk food in her life - we just don't eat that kind of food - and was very worried she would hate it. She kind of did (dislike it) but suffered through - and she's not at all a picky eater in general.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 7:53 am

I've never had a chicken nugget.

It's chicken wrapped in breadcrumbs right? I like chicken, I liked everything else I ever had in a breadcrumb. Why have I never had a chicken nugget? And if I haven't had my portion of chicken nuggets, who got extra?

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 10:57 am

Chicken nuggets are basically like fish sticks, except they're made of chopped-up chicken meat and formed into small bite-sized pieces instead of long thin rectangles. A lot of little kids especially like chicken nuggets because they're boneless, they can eat them with their fingers and dunk them into sauce, and chicken doesn't have the fishy taste or odor that many kids don't like. Myself included. :)

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 11:23 am

Yeah Chicken Nuggets are pretty good food in my opinion. I espically love ones from fast food restaurants like McDonald's and Wendy's. And really love dipping them in BBQ Sauce.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 11:40 am

That's one stereotype I've never heard before. No, some autistics are vegetarians, or might not like them for other reasons.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 12:33 pm

I like chicken nuggets. That doesn't mean that all autistics like them.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 2:31 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Chicken nuggets are basically like fish sticks, except they're made of chopped-up chicken meat and formed into small bite-sized pieces instead of long thin rectangles. A lot of little kids especially like chicken nuggets because they're boneless, they can eat them with their fingers and dunk them into sauce, and chicken doesn't have the fishy taste or odor that many kids don't like. Myself included. :)
Thank you for explaining. I think fish sticks are what we call fishfingers. I love fishfingers.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 2:34 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Thank you for explaining. I think fish sticks are what we call fishfingers. I love fishfingers.

I can only eat the Birds eye Battered ones the breaded ones are not nice.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 2:48 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Have you tried the breaded ones fried in lard?

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 2:50 pm

fluffysaurus wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Ha ha no they sound awful though. Sounds like something my parents would have eaten in the 70's.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 3:03 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Ha ha no they sound awful though. Sounds like something my parents would have eaten in the 70's.
You stick to the battered ones, then. I'll have all the breaded ones, and everyone else can have the chicken nuggets. Sorted.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2018, 7:24 pm

The question has two parts. "Does liking chicken nuggets correlate with autism?", and "does being NT not correlate with liking chicken nuggets?"

Chicken nuggets seem to be a popular food since many fast food chains offer them. So many folks of the 98 percent of the population who are not autistic must like them. So part two must be wrong.