Any Tips on how to get better with conversation

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lionsfan99
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2018, 1:17 am

I'm 28 be 29 in August and feel like I have actually regressed conversation skill wise have barely any friends I used to try and memorize stuff from the internet I like listening to other people more then myself talk but im just not sure what kids of questions I need to ask them about their self my mind goes blank alot on what to say to people and I dont want to bore them either anyways anyone improve their social skills how did you do it?

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 May 2018, 1:46 am

Maybe viewing conversation as something like music where you focus less on the words per se, but the rhythm and sound.

Theres a guy I work with who seems like he always has a plethora of anecedotes to use during conversation, and no matter what, I can't do it. So I'm trying to focus more on the aspect of socializng that is more visceral and less about the content; how I say it rather than what I say. This is what politicians and news media does, but I'm not trying to be fake like they are.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 5:53 am

You don't really have to say much to make friends; you just have to listen, and seem to understand and accept people. If I wanted to have more conversations, the biggest adjustment would be a willingness to spend a lot of time with people and topics that bore me today.