Apartment Partners Micromanagement and Picking On

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2018, 10:28 am

I live in an apartment with non-ASD, completely random people, and it's challenging
One time, someone micromanaged me and asked me "Why X", "Why Y". When answering Y with a bit of a ranting attitude and a good hint of standing to myself, he chose to ignore me and trash his door. However when he started talking to another roommate, he started sounding pleasant as if nothing happened

And here I am angry at him, for ignoring me and not listening to me. How can he expect me to listen to his requests when he doesn't listen to mine

I have a problem of being cool during those situations, but I don't like it when I'm being asked on small matters

How do I deal with this?

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 May 2018, 11:15 am

I always found it hard to live with others, when I had to live with others, I always got into interoersonal conflict, never has been a time where I had got closer to those who I lived with. I had one situation where I lived with a guy who was a big jerk and did things like played video games loudly at 2 o'clock in the morning, it was clear he did not like me.
I understand it might not be economically feasible for you to live on your own but maybe move into a more accommodating place?
Aldo sounds like you live with more than him so maybe have someone be an intermediary between you and him?

Pillar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 May 2018, 5:07 pm

It's OK, I managed to talk and defuse this out... somehow