Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 4:01 am

This is slight continuation to my last post.

On Saturday I decided to have a bit of a day out walking around a Town and a Shopping Mall which left me a bit overwhelmed to say the least.

But one thing that happened on Saturday which looking back was quite funny.

Whilst walking around the town I got stopped by a Charity Worker. She was raising awareness of her Charity. She stopped me and said ‘Can You Speak for a Couple of Minutes.’ I looked at her and before I could say anything she said ‘Are You Sure You Can Talk for a Couple of Minutes.’ Which I replied ‘Urmmmmm Yeah.’ I don’t know whether I was giving her an uncomfortable look or not but she seemed nervous the second she asked.

Not the first time someone has done something like that to me. One time someone started to talk to me and after about 2 minutes said ‘Your Not on the Autistic Spectrum by Any Chance?’ Which I thought at the time a bit of a personal question. But I did answer yes back.

I feel sometimes I might as well get a T-Shirt with ‘Yes I am Autistic.’ Because apparently I can be a bit too obvious even though High Funtioning AS.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 8:01 am

Geez, and I've had people tell me that they can't tell I'm autistic because I seem too "functional" for it. Maybe those people should live with me for a week and see how they feel after that ... Otherwise the last "funny experience" I had was when I found out that the guy that takes my order at the vegan food place who said he was vegan for 20+ years wasn't vegan since he was 2 xD In other words, veganism keeps you looking young folks :p