Do you have a fantasy world? What does it look like?

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

skiddlebugz
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2018, 9:10 pm

To be honest, my fantasy world is what I want my future to be like. Just the small things like getting married one day or having my own home with my happy family I want to form. Would you call that a daydream or a Fantasy world? :?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 3:12 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
The only thing I do remember - and I honestly hate to disclose this - is that I lived there with my imaginary girlfriend.

I think all of us, or at least those of us who have dreamed of a good relationship, have been there at one point or the other. I know I have. :D

Quote:
To be honest, my fantasy world is what I want my future to be like. Just the small things like getting married one day or having my own home with my happy family I want to form. Would you call that a daydream or a Fantasy world? :?

How about a daydream in a fantasy world? And there's nothing wrong with dreaming about the future.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 May 2018, 6:05 am

Nope. If anything, I might occasionally imagine myself going for adventures, sometimes as a freeboding adventurer in Middle-Earth, other times, travelling around Eastern Canada. Sometimes, the trips I imagine in Eastern Canada actually turn into trips that I follow through on in real life.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 7:35 am

ChefDave wrote:
My fantasy world would feature a large wooden cabin on the bank of a fresh water lake in a temperate area surrounded by a mixed deciduous forest. My larder and pantries would always be full and my home would be fully charged via a geothermal tap. The light bulbs would last forever and I would have a huge library that contained every book every published. My sole companions would be my cats. There would be no people in this world, no diseases, and no predators. I would live forever, basking in my privacy as the supreme lord and ruler of my idyllic nation state.

My new fantasy is to be a cat inside your fantasy.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 11:37 am

I don’t have a “fantasy” world, but I do very much live in my own world.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 11:36 am

I have a fantasy world, it's a safe, peaceful place in the middle of a huge forest, and it's called Nialiah (nee-ah-lee-ah). It's protected from the outside forest with a huge impenetrable dome made of ancient magic. It's home to all kinds of magical beings and creatures, including mages, dragons, gnomes, fairies, creatures I made up called minkminks, a "firefox"; a fox who can burst into flame and put itself out without being singed, and a unicorn.

My very best friends in Nialiah are Amorphidus (Ay-more-fih-dus), the most powerful mage in the land, and Winnipeg the immortal unicorn, who has the intelligence and understanding of a human, even though she can't speak.

In Nialiah, I'm much younger than in real life, maybe eight or nine. I stay with Amorphidus in his little wooden cabin whenever I go to visit; I have my own bed tucked away in the corner of his front room. He protects me and looks after me; if I'm upset or have meltdowns, he always knows exactly how to calm me. Amorphidus, Winnipeg and I spend a lot of time together visiting the other creatures in their homes. I like visiting Dragon Lake, which, as the name suggests, is a huge grassy field with an enormous clear lake in the middle, that's inhabited by hundreds of friendly, gentle dragons. I like playing with the baby dragons and rolling around in the grass with them, it's like playing with giant scaly puppies.

Most of Nialiah is bathed in the soft orange glow of a permanent sunset; the magic dome refracts sunlight in such a way as to create the effect. Some areas higher up in the Dalmoor mountains, where the minkminks play in the fresh icy streams, don't see the refractive properties of the dome because of how high up they are, and the angle that the sun penetrates at, so it looks like normal daylight there.

I go to Nialiah a lot, mostly when I'm anxious or worried or lonely. It's part of my self-calming technique for warding off impending meltdowns, which is sometimes successful and sometimes not. If a genie appeared right now and offered me one wish, I would wish that Nialiah were real.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

D6515
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2018, 7:45 pm

Yes, I have two major ones that I turn into often.

One is based on an alternate timeline where I am born in 1976 and it is presently 1999. In this world, the details of my life are largely similar, except it's set nineteen years earlier, I volunteer on a farm park in my spare time, and I live in Hampshire. I have friends (and one fictional partner) based on characters from different British children's TV shows from the 1970s-90s.

The other is set in the present day, but I live in a town around an hour away from where I actually live in real life, and I work in the nearby city. In this world, I have a fictional partner based on a modern-day alternate version of a character from one of my favourite TV shows (adapted so that e.g., the character is born in 1984 rather than 1884).

As you may gather, these worlds are rather mundane and not hugely removed from my present reality. Most of my imagined interactions in these worlds involve the minutiae of day-to-day encounters with these companions I've created.

I also have a kind of 'world' based on the interactions I have with my large collection of plush animals - but the difference is that this is only something I imagine when I'm actually present with the toys and handling them. I don't escape to this world or fantasise about it when I am away, as I do the others.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 May 2018, 8:44 pm

I zone out & daydream aLOT but i never really had a fantasy world except for being with my celeb crush.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Lanceeselhombre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2018, 10:10 pm

My fantasy world hasn’t changed much over the years. It’s essentially a world very similar to Earth, but most of it is covered with thick forests and other environments I find calming. There is a small city where people from my favorite shows live, and a mystic garden, but other than that it is plain.

One thing I’ve noticed about my world is that only fictional characters appear there, I even have a fictional character I see the world through. I think it’s because I have trouble with seeing faces in my thoughts (unless they’re cartoons, for whatever reason) so my brain makes everyone a cartoon so I can see their face. :lol:

Luckyluuk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jun 2018, 5:53 pm

Hey,

I must say that it is quite difficult for me to open up about this, especially as this is the first time that I have told anyone about this.
It is much like earth, it has the same governments, the same procedures, the same problems. It just also happens to have a secret organisation who is there just in case something would happen. It is called the organisation, and the operators working for it come from my favourite movies, series and games haha. They are for example called the Division, the Ghosts and the Splinter cells.

The story is something among the following lines:
many years ago, instead of fighting wars, some people dedicated their lives to science. In doing so they have been able to travel outside our solar system. Discovering new races, new problems and much more knowledge haha. As time went by they were becoming bigger and bigger , adapting to their new identity as a technologically advanced species, adopting a moral code of conduct, called the mantle of responsibility.

As I am describing it, I am realizing it would probably take a few pages to describe all the details that I have created over the years.
I must say that it emberassed me so much, but it is such a pleasant place to deal with life. Or better, to not deal with life. I definitely understand that it is a fantasy, and it only happens when I am under a lot of stress or just bored.
It´s a relief to know that there are other people who experience the same thing. Are yours as detailed as mine?
And how do you deal with it/think about it?

Luuk

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 6:08 pm

Many, as someone that likes writing I can make one easily on the spot.

If I did not have my imagination, I would be long dead.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 8:54 am

My dream is to meet Denis Istomin and write his life story. That sounds like a pretty big fantasy at this point, but I did take the first step toward my dream by writing to him. It would be exciting if I actually got a response.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2018, 9:07 am

IstominFan wrote:
My dream is to meet Denis Istomin and write his life story. That sounds like a pretty big fantasy at this point, but I did take the first step toward my dream by writing to him. It would be exciting if I actually got a response.

Whatever happens, I hope you'll stop telling us about it.