Page 2 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 6:53 pm

Alzheimer's

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 7:10 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
A variety of psychological disorders (diagnosed hypochondriac LOL)
Being a psychopath
Wanting to hurt others
Being homosexual/bisexual (not that it’s a bad thing; it just worries me because of the uncertainty of one’s sexual preferences)
Being a bad person
Being out of control
Change and new situations
Spiders
Avalanches
Loud noises
Glaciers (don’t even ask :lol: )

that's quite a handful 8)

have your obsessive fears changed over time or are they consistent? i used to worry about "hurting others" and then it disturbingly shifted into "hurting children / or small animals" and then shifted into "am i a psycho/pedo/sadist?"
I find that i get over a fear obsession by developing a new one. my current one is about money. I'm terrified i won't have a job and become homeless/ stuck living with my mom so i try to save as much possible.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 8:11 pm

I don't know what I'm truly afraid of...

I do have dislikes, hatred, disgusts, annoyances, worries, concerns, and countless uncertainties. I do get cautious, panicked, guilty, startled, hurt, anxious, nervous, or overwhelmingly numb -- but none of it lasts, or gave me a lasting impression other than just a memory.
But sure, the closest I have for a lasting impression would be guilt, but...

Not even times that it was my body that is having the reaction of fear. Either a very stupid or a very wise part of me says otherwise. It just overcame things rather fast, that I don't know what I'm truly afraid of.
Not even the supposedly fear of humans due to it's fickleness and nature. Not even the biggest certainty and uncertainty of death itself.

But actual fear..? That actually lasts, let alone irrational? :| I'm not sure. My sense of fear is screwed as far as I could remember.
I don't even have nightmares that frightened me awake -- even if it seem to count one, to me it's just a creepy scene instead of something foreboding.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 8:13 pm

I used to be scared of the Gerber Baby. I thought it was a dead baby.

And of the Moon.

When I was very young: of the other Planets of the Solar System as well.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 8:32 pm

Gallia wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
A variety of psychological disorders (diagnosed hypochondriac LOL)
Being a psychopath
Wanting to hurt others
Being homosexual/bisexual (not that it’s a bad thing; it just worries me because of the uncertainty of one’s sexual preferences)
Being a bad person
Being out of control
Change and new situations
Spiders
Avalanches
Loud noises
Glaciers (don’t even ask :lol: )

that's quite a handful 8)

have your obsessive fears changed over time or are they consistent? i used to worry about "hurting others" and then it disturbingly shifted into "hurting children / or small animals" and then shifted into "am i a psycho/pedo/sadist?"
I find that i get over a fear obsession by developing a new one. my current one is about money. I'm terrified i won't have a job and become homeless/ stuck living with my mom so i try to save as much possible.

Thanks 8) .

Yes, mine have changed over time as well, like with the fear of being a bad person (7 years of age) changing into fear of being a psychopath/pedophile etc. as I got older and unfortunately discovered Google. I have a Google Degree in many a subject :lol: .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 8:41 pm

Ooh big one ! I’m afraid of schools. All schools. I’m sure those on the spectrum who had been bullied at school will know what I mean.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 8:50 pm

I was bullied.

I blamed it on the bullies.

Not on the school itself.

I disliked going to school; but I wasn't "afraid" of school.

I was afraid of the bullies.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 9:01 pm

I'm disappointed, Stampy. I was thinking of inviting you to go to Iceland with me :cry:

(with your family, of course!! !)

Iceland is full of beautiful glaciers. It's a very scenic place.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2018, 9:33 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
Ooh big one ! I’m afraid of schools. All schools. I’m sure those on the spectrum who had been bullied at school will know what I mean.

I can get that entirely. Even back to school commercials can cause me noticeable anxiety.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 6:41 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I have a Google Degree in many a subject :lol: .

sounds familiar :lol:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 8:39 am

I'm afraid of death.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 10:56 am

These are all very interesting guys! Arganger, I'm curious about your fear of napkins, what is it that bothers you about them?

blooiejagwa, I have a relatively significant fear of men too. I don't feel safe being alone in a room with a man I don't know well, and even walking outside at night with my (now ex-) boyfriend used to make me extremely anxious and hypervigilant, because my brain kept creating awful scenarios in which he would try to attack me sexually. That's one of the PTSD fears.

Trogluddite, I get panicked when unexpected strangers knock on my door too. I do just what you do, I tend to hide out of sight and keep extremely quiet, listening for any indication that they went away. My PTSD makes me paranoid about checking the locks on doors and windows too, and I can't sit with my back to a door or window, even if I know it's locked, it makes me feel too exposed and vulnerable.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 11:01 am

I have a phobia of bells (the electric bells you have like in schools). Not just because they're loud, because many other things are loud but I don't have a phobia of other loud things. But just looking at an electric bell fills me with fear. It ruined my school life, and I believe I would have been happier at school if I didn't have a phobia of bells.

giveen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2018, 1:55 pm

I use to be afraid of living my life alone forever, but that went away with marriage.

I have a very very strong healthy respect for gravity, I feel nauseated looking over a cliff, but not necessarily a fear.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 2:32 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
These are all very interesting guys! Arganger, I'm curious about your fear of napkins, what is it that bothers you about them?

blooiejagwa, I have a relatively significant fear of men too. I don't feel safe being alone in a room with a man I don't know well, and even walking outside at night with my (now ex-) boyfriend used to make me extremely anxious and hypervigilant, because my brain kept creating awful scenarios in which he would try to attack me sexually. That's one of the PTSD fears.

Trogluddite, I get panicked when unexpected strangers knock on my door too. I do just what you do, I tend to hide out of sight and keep extremely quiet, listening for any indication that they went away. My PTSD makes me paranoid about checking the locks on doors and windows too, and I can't sit with my back to a door or window, even if I know it's locked, it makes me feel too exposed and vulnerable.

Long story, but basically if the get wet they get sticky and start coming apart and it feels so dirty, especially with food near by. I hate most paper that comes apart like that, and feel sick whenever I see wet paper. I feel like when I hold napkins like it will fuse with the water in my body and start sticking to me, or that I would end up accidentally eating it with my next meal. So basically I end up with cloth ones instead.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 6:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm disappointed, Stampy. I was thinking of inviting you to go to Iceland with me :cry:

(with your family, of course!! !)

Iceland is full of beautiful glaciers. It's a very scenic place.

Are there any parts of Iceland without glaciers :lol: ?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine