Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 5:16 am

In the past I have had situations (Not often but it has happened) where a family at some sort of social gathering will see me and go to protect their children. Why? Why does this happen if I pass them, when it does not happen when other people pass by? What ave they seen that is different about me? Why am I seen as different? It is the way I look? Is it the way I act? I really can't work it out. Strange eh!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 9:57 am

The description does not contain enough information to answer the question

Strangers on the internet are not telepathic

Having said that Sounds like your clothes, your body appearance, or the way you walk

Tattoos, whatever

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 10:01 am

Strangers reach out to protect their kids from you when you walk by a social gatherings?

Must be something in your demeanor, or appearance, that youre not aware of.

Don't know what it could be.

gwynfryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2019, 10:40 am

I can’t be sure if this is relevant to you, but my own experience is that a minority of people are basically herd animals, and react instinctively. This means you’ll probably never get a definitive answer to your question. Being autistic, it’s clear I give off some kind of vibe that marks me out as an individual, not a herd animal, probably a combination of many things (way of dressing, gait, lack of eye contact, facial expression, way of talking…) which to the herd animals makes me an object of suspicion and loathing. It doesn’t always happen (most people are more evolved, and have some control over their instincts) and when it does it may take a while. I’ve noticed that, talking to most women, it can go on for a while before they start looking at me oddly, when they’ve noticed I don’t think as they do. With some women, and with most people in general, it never happens, so I have options, and find it easy to just avoid the herd animals. There’s no point trying to change things as those who let their hormones do their thinking for them, cannot be reasoned with.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 11:16 am

It could be that you are misreading the situation. Or (like me) you may have a tendency to lumber around... in my case I'm not very steady on my feet so everyone has to get out of my way.
Bad news... they may think you look a bit creepy... I wonder that about myself sometimes, I try to smile but it looks even worse.

We all know what a nice guy you are, though.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

DanielW
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Aug 2019, 11:28 am

I could be any number of reasons. Perhaps body-language or facial expression is causing people to mis-interpret your mood or intention.

I know from my own experience (seeing my own facial expressions and body-language on tape) I can look odd without intending to. I've even been told that my sincere smile looks "creepy"

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2019, 12:23 pm

Could be any one of them. I doubt it will be tatoos as I don't have any. :P
It does not happen that often. It just puzzles me when it does happen.