Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2018, 12:03 pm

Does anyone else watch Big Brother every now and again purely to analyse the NT behaviour?

Honestly, it probably does me more harm than good as I end up getting extremely confused and annoyed by what I see. These people behave in ways that just baffle me. People often say that it's not what people are like in real life, but unfortunately I grew up in a place in the UK where EVERYONE was like the average Big Brother contestant. Now I'm watching it back as an adult, I understand why people used to completely baffle me back when I lived in that area.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 12:12 pm

Most of what you see on those "Reality" shows is scripted. What isn't scripted is improvisational from whatever the director tells the "actors" to do.

"Okay, what we need here is the discovery of a love triangle. Susan, Ron, and Tanisha? You're up! Make it look good and don't worry about any profanity; we can bleep it out in post. Aaaaaaaand ... ACTION!"

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 12:12 pm

I really don't understand the crying that goes on in BB , it actually says this on my ASD report :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2018, 12:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
Most of what you see on those "Reality" shows is scripted. What isn't scripted is improvisational from whatever the director tells the "actors" to do.

"Okay, what we need here is the discovery of a love triangle. Susan, Ron, and Tanisha? You're up! Make it look good and don't worry about any profanity; we can bleep it out in post. Aaaaaaaand ... ACTION!"

Do you think so? I genuinely don't believe that the standard contestants in Big Brother are actors as they seem exceedingly unintelligent. I could be wrong but I think that is the purpose of the show. It's like a modern day version of the gladiator shows where people were pitted against bears and lions.

SaveFerris wrote:
I really don't understand the crying that goes on in BB , it actually says this on my ASD report :lol:

Me too. I often wonder why they take offence at what others have said to them or "behind their back" as that seems to be a big deal to these people. 99% of what goes on in there makes no sense to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 1:43 pm

Olivia_H wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Most of what you see on those "Reality" shows is scripted. What isn't scripted is improvisational from whatever the director tells the "actors" to do. "Okay, what we need here is the discovery of a love triangle. Susan, Ron, and Tanisha? You're up! Make it look good and don't worry about any profanity; we can bleep it out in post. Aaaaaaaand ... ACTION!"
Do you think so?
I know so. There as a big expose on TV a while back. It's all staged in one way or another.
Olivia_H wrote:
I genuinely don't believe that the standard contestants in Big Brother are actors as they seem exceedingly unintelligent. I could be wrong but I think that is the purpose of the show. It's like a modern day version of the gladiator shows where people were pitted against bears and lions.
That's the gist of it. The director says, "You hate him, and you love her. The two of you act it out. Action!", and the rest is history, as it were.
Olivia_H wrote:
99% of what goes on in there makes no sense to me.
Because 99% of it is totally fake, and acted out by people who don't know how to act.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2018, 2:44 pm

I would get more entertainment and enjoyment by putting my chair next to the window and watching the grass as it slowly dies this autumn.

Olivia_H
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2018, 3:10 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I would get more entertainment and enjoyment by putting my chair next to the window and watching the grass as it slowly dies this autumn.

As do I.