Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 5:13 pm

Why is it I can get overwhelmed with the hours of the day if I have alot of stuff that I want to do?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2018, 6:26 pm

Executive dysfunction in autism

Quote:
Executive function’ is an umbrella term for functions such as planning, working memory, impulse control, inhibition and mental flexibility, as well as for the initiation and monitoring of action. The primacy of executive dysfunction in autism is a topic of much debate, as are recent attempts to examine subtypes of executive function within autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders that are considered to implicate frontal lobe function. This article will review cognitive behavioural studies of planning, mental flexibility and inhibition in autism. It is concluded that more detailed research is needed to fractionate the executive system in autism by assessing a wide range of executive functions as well as their neuroanatomical correlates in the same individuals across the lifespan.

This means autistics often have problems with planning their days and trying to do several things at once leading to the feeling never seem to be enough hours in the day. Autistics often can get absorbed in their special interests lose track of time and forget a task they had planned to do that day.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Aspiegirl1031
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Nov 2018, 6:42 pm

I work at a thrift store and my boss gets on my nerves a lot. How can I get along with her?

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2018, 7:40 am

Make an attainable to-do list everyday and prioritize them (taking your mood and functionality into consideration). I found that it helped me a lot. Reduce the stress of trying to remember everything, also give satisfaction when you check off an item you have done. I don't use the calendar apps because they're too rigid. Just a regular paper planner for me.

jamthis12
Toucan
Toucan

07 Nov 2018, 4:11 pm

I find that if I try to do too much in a day, I put myself at risk of suffering a shutdown or a meltdown.