I heard Introvert prefer mountains but do Autistics do to?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 3:06 pm

Well, not sure. Haven't been to one yet. The ones we got here are far up in the north of Sweden. They look nice though.

I follow a couple of hikers on youtube who take the route across some mountains from time to time (Would love to try the PCT myself some time, i worry more about water for the desert part than falling from a mountain) but personally i have to settle for walking around in forests during spring to autumn.

And it's winter now so... Only shorter walks now.

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2019, 5:41 pm

I've lived in cities, it turned out that they didn't for me as I got older. Give me forests and nature.

Glflegolas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2019, 6:36 pm

Mountains? They're cool. But forested hills, now that's something that I like. In fact I get to look at them every day. The open sea is kind of cool too. I've been sufficiently far out that land is out of sight. It's a little... strange, when there's nothing to see other than ship and sea. But it's cool nonetheless.

Myers-Briggs personality: The Commander
Asperger's Quiz: 79/111, both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits present. AQ score: 23 Raads-r score: here

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2019, 11:26 pm

Glflegolas wrote:
Mountains? They're cool. But forested hills, now that's something that I like. In fact I get to look at them every day. The open sea is kind of cool too. I've been sufficiently far out that land is out of sight. It's a little... strange, when there's nothing to see other than ship and sea. But it's cool nonetheless.

Agree. Are you in Nova Scotia. I learned that shy people prefer islands, forests, and sometimes mountains as well. Forested islands are awesome.

Piobaire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 6:03 am

When I'm in the mountains (like I am now), I very much appreciate being in the mountains, and try to spend some 'alone time' in silence and solitude out in the forest at least once a week; more if I can swing it.
When I lived in Florida, I appreciated being on the ocean very much, and would spend my time off in the silence and solitude of sailing, or walking for miles on deserted beaches accessible only by boat (yeah; that was a while ago).
Mountain or ocean, I prefer quiet and solitude. Bustling crowds of loud frenetic people make me crazy.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 1:23 pm

Piobaire wrote:
When I'm in the mountains (like I am now), I very much appreciate being in the mountains, and try to spend some 'alone time' in silence and solitude out in the forest at least once a week; more if I can swing it.
When I lived in Florida, I appreciated being on the ocean very much, and would spend my time off in the silence and solitude of sailing, or walking for miles on deserted beaches accessible only by boat (yeah; that was a while ago).
Mountain or ocean, I prefer quiet and solitude. Bustling crowds of loud frenetic people make me crazy.

Me to.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2019, 1:39 pm

I like going to both the mountains and beaches. I've been to many uncrowded beaches.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 4:15 am

So it is pretty mixed preferences.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 12:34 pm

It's preferable for those with lower stimuli thresholds...
Which most introverts are, those with certain sensitivities and/or with stamina issues do.

I would've stayed in one myself. Alone. Without anyone behind my mind who might pursue me or having to mind at.
Been in a city for most of my life, even if it's not always chaotic. :| A city without any preserved natural forests and without any significant natural land or water forms.

Closest from where I'm now would be few hours drive or at least another city away.
Closest thing available would be huge farm fields nearby by the highways, likely unaccessible.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

FallingDownMan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2019, 1:30 pm

I love getting out in nature in general. I live in the Midwest, no mountains, mostly farmland with some wooded regions along the rivers. I love getting away from the city, away from all the noise, away from all the people.

That being said, I do like the conveniences of a city. My dream home would be a small farmhouse just a few miles out of town. That way I could run into town for the conveniences, and then retreat back to my little refuge.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 2:04 pm

My stamina is pretty good but I don't like noisy places. Forests and mountains are nice also because--well, I've done a lot of work in swamps, and dry land is pretty sweet!

I wish I lived off the grid sometimes, maybe even without the Internet. A.M. radio and shortwave would do OK, and that can be powered by a generator or I could use an old-time crystal radio that doesn't need powering. Long as I have my typewriter and some stories to put down I'm all right--and a trip into town for church.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 2:18 pm

I can say that as someone who is autistic, introverted, and shy, I've wanted to live in the mountains ever since I visited Colorado as a kid.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 8:22 pm

I have always loved the forest and the woods. My parents live near the forest preserves.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 9:39 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I can say that as someone who is autistic, introverted, and shy, I've wanted to live in the mountains ever since I visited Colorado as a kid.

Me to.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2019, 9:40 pm

livingwithautism wrote:
I have always loved the forest and the woods. My parents live near the forest preserves.

I love the forest and the woods to.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2020, 5:54 am

Glflegolas wrote:

Forest hills are awesome to.