Frustrated and the need to compare myself to NTs around me

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 7:09 am

I seem to feel the need to compare myself to other young people even though a part of me feels I don't really want to do what they are doing but it still makes me feel quite jealous and that my life is boring unlike theirs, the holidays abroad, exciting days out somewhere with friends, parties, pubs, bars, concerts and so on that I see people post makes me feel left out and by not doing that stuff I see them doing I'm wasting my time that I haven't done that stuff I mentioned and I'm 29 and haven't done a lot of partying, taking selfies, and have only been abroad with family and haven't been to a concert since 2010 and I will not go to a party, club, concert or a holiday abroad on my own because I feel its less fun and lonely if you don't have any close friends to do it with. I find it frustrating trying to be like every other 'normal' young person out there and I seem to think they all dress and style themselves like the people out of Love Island. I don't quite know how to change this mindset.