Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2019, 3:48 am

my folks tol' me when I was a toddler, as soon as they moved my crib away from my mom's bed, that I banged my head against the wall pretty hard. :wall:

Sensei Processor
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Feb 2019, 10:05 pm

With my hands, yes. Only hard enough to give me a headache for roughly a day or two, which I don't think is too serious. When I was younger it was always the wall, but the older I got the more aware it became that everyone in the house could probably hear it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Feb 2019, 8:03 am

I used to head-bang abit as a kid & teen while listening to rock music. I also played air-guitar. It helped me relive frustration. I never done it when having meltdowns. I NEVER majorly injured myself doing that either. I just gave myself headaches & neckaches.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JimSpark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Feb 2019, 8:23 am

I never habitually banged my head on a hard surface, nor have I intentionally done it, not once, not even during a meltdown. That would hurt! I've never been interested in inflicting pain on myself or on others.

There have been maybe 3 or 4 occasions in my life where during a meltdown, I repeatedly punched my own arm, but on each of those occasions, I immediately regretted doing that due to the pain.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 11:26 am

MagicKnight wrote:
When I was a baby/toddler, I used to do bang my head more often than my parents would like to see me to. From all accounts I was used to smash it very hard "for no reason" (their words).

My youngest daughter, when she was a baby/toddler, used to bang her head on the floor whenever she had a meltdown. She stopped doing this about age 2. I had suspected she was on the spectrum, but she was never diagnosed. Is this supposed to be a symptom?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 11:28 am

A lot of kids go through a phase where they bang their head. It's considered somewhat normal toddler behavior.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 11:44 am

I really only do it during meltdowns. I tend to just ram my head harder against something after hitting it once, rather than hit it repeatedly. I'll also hit myself in other places, scratch myself, and deliberately make myself bleed.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2019, 12:44 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
A lot of kids go through a phase where they bang their head. It's considered somewhat normal toddler behavior.

Sort of what I figured. Thanks.

Nonsense

07 Feb 2019, 1:49 pm

I only may slap my forehead with my hand and I sometimes feel that pressing my forehead against wall or other solid structure like that helps my mind to wind down.

Antonela04
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Feb 2019, 6:59 pm

I used to but I don't now. I did it so bad to the point where my scalp was bruised. Lucliky I don't do it any more!