Any aspies here find little childern annoying?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

neptunekh
Toucan
Toucan

14 Feb 2019, 6:44 pm

I'm close to 35 and I'm not particularly fond of small children. I like my cousin's kids but I get annoyed with my mom when she looks after my cousin's 4 year son every other Thursday. I think my cousin should get his real grandparents to look after him and stop bringing her son to my mom's house a little less often. I also have a sore hip and it doesn't help listening to her little son in the house. It isn't his fault but his mother should maybe get his real grandmother to look after him a little more.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 7:08 pm

There's already a thread about this, and I think the consensus was that most people (I include myself among their number) find small children annoying.

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 7:22 pm

I’m not an Aspie, I have classic autism and I hate children. The unpredictable behavior and the noise are more than I can tolerate.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 8:23 pm

They scream to the level of painfulness, walk around without looking and are destructive, their parents don't care and thinks that the planet is their personal daycare center - what's not to hate about that?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 8:39 pm

Little children know they can get away with things adults don't. Socially

Having said that, some adults are annoying

Some children are annoying

Globalization

Its more about extroversion and arrogance. Than age

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 8:49 pm

Another classic autistic here. I do not like children at all. They are noisy, sticky, clumsy, careless, not interesting to talk to, unpredictable and needy. I don’t intend on ever reproducing, and if my sister does and wants me to babysit, I’m damn sure going to get paid for it.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 9:01 pm

Not fair

Plenty of adults are "noisy, sticky, clumsy, careless, not interesting to talk to, unpredictable and needy"

For many adults and children, I find even their regular speaking voice is way too noisy

Then they grunt t "huh" and "what" like it's the etiquette equivalent of"excuse me"

Plenty of adults don't wash their hands often or sweat too much

"Clumsy" is not a choice or moral flaw. And I am not coordinated. Dyspraxia is a diagnosis, not a felony

"Careless" adults too

Interesting for whom to talk to? Talking does not have to be interesting

But plenty of adults act like every thought and emotion that goes through their head is the latest greatest scientific invention

Unpredictable could be good. Spontaneity

Or bad. Efficiency

"Needy" that is not their fault

Disabled and poor adults are also needy

Anyone could get hit by a car or become bankrupt and then they are "needy"

So, to me, children and adults are annoying. Which ones, at what time, to whom

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2019, 9:56 pm

I thought I was the only one. They can be charming, but I can't take them for any length of time.

KittyMomma
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Feb 2019, 11:39 pm

I don't mind kids. Their loudness is overwhelming, though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 12:25 am

I love little children and I find them a joy to have around. I call them little Sweet Peas.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 1:43 am

If I'm related to a small child or I know them well, I feel love towards them. But small children in general sets off my nerves. Their noise, unpredictability and lack of motor skills is what drives me nuts.

My mum always used to say that small children are like farts; you like your own, but repulsed by other people's.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 5:20 am

I actually like little kids, but there are certain things usually done by them that annoy me. Crying is one, which is troublesome because they do it because they're hurt or upset, not to hurt others, but it doesn't change the fact that loud crying hurts my ears.
I actually find little kids to be rather predictable when compared to adults, so in a sence they're easy to deal with.
Some don't like kids because they tend to not listen what's being told to them, but I have that problem with adults too so kids don't come across as any more annoying. In fact, kids between three and ten tend to see me as an adult authority figure and actually do listen if I take a certain tone and make a certain face (but I avoid that if my mom's around (she tends to flip easily), and she usually is since the only little kids I interract with tend to be our relatives.) Doesn't work on kids under three years old, but I've never had to look after someone that young for more than the actual babysitter's bathroom break or something so it's no big deal.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Feb 2019, 5:20 am

I dislike em because I'm embarrassed to be around them. I'm afraid others will think I'm childish or some pedo cuz I'm around kids. I'm also really afraid I'll do or say something I shouldn't in front of them. Little kids are like sponges. I also dislike kids in general. I didn't even like kids when I was a kid.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 9:42 am

I partly blame the parents for not controlling their kids in public or taking them out of situations when they become overwhelmed. I like nice, well-behaved kids. I generally love the children's section of the library because the atmosphere is positive and congenial, but sometimes it becomes a zoo when kids run around unsupervised.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 1:11 pm

IstominFan wrote:
I partly blame the parents for not controlling their kids in public or taking them out of situations when they become overwhelmed. I like nice, well-behaved kids. I generally love the children's section of the library because the atmosphere is positive and congenial, but sometimes it becomes a zoo when kids run around unsupervised.

Unless the child has a behavioural disorder or any disability that affects the emotions, behaviour and learning, or is suffering from some sort of distress, I think the parents can be to blame for naughty children, especially very young children (aged 2-5). I've seen it with my own eyes. It seems that young children whose parents are the 'chavvy' types (UK members will know what I'm talking about) seems to be more prone to public tantrums than those of parents that seem more calm and attentive. Chavvy girls have this fierce look and are usually on their phones, and seem impatient, and toddlers seem to be more grizzly with this types of parents. But if a girl is more attentive, positive, calm and talks to their child, the child seems happier and less likely to spiral into a crying fit about nothing. I literally see this, because I get buses a lot so I see different people with kids get on, and I do notice a pattern.
Also when I was at school the 'naughtier' kids with the poorest grades (but weren't disabled or special needs), seemed to have the chavvy types of families.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2019, 1:47 pm

I get along great with little kids. I have an unusual ability to teach youngsters.