What are Aspies most likely to be arrested for?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:03 pm

Teach51 wrote:
One of my Aspie friends is playing with fire each time he drives because of excessive alcohol consumption and heavy use of weed. It seems to be the only way for him to cope.

He doesn't mind that he is breaking the law as much as he is anxious about getting caught. He is extremely anxious about confrontation of any nature.
Hard to watch someone you care about self destruct this way.

Tell him he cd easily destroy innocent ppl’s lives either monetarily (eg they r so injured they cannot work n their insurance compaby tries to cheat them n they enter a legal battle as happened to my son’s finest nurse Irene)

Or health-wise (also happened to my son’s best nurse Irene as it caused her fibromyalgia)

Or someobe innocent (eg child) cd die or be severely injured
As a result of his ...coping mechanism.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:07 pm

Oh just to be clear a wealthy son of a CEo was driving drunk n crashed into my sons nurse Irene’s car

She was sober. He ws wealthy n avoided accountability thru extensive court battles which robbed his victims of $$ in paying legal fees n also he wd often not show up in court

He had had multiple victims of his bad habit
Thats how i know (apart frm personal experience) that lawyers are the worst ppl as they enable such ppl knowingly while innocent n good n deserving ppl are drained of everything

This happened to Irene n she is literally alone here working sending $$ back home to her sister’s family n mom n to pay fr her niece’s tuition (as her dad abandoned them)

So yeah ur friend is being really bad by risking innocent ppl’s welfare n livelihoods like Irene who is superior yo most ppl morally n intelligence wise n character wise

even if he doesn’t know how to stop someone has to help him stop n redirect his coping techniques to smthing else

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 5:11 am

A few years ago, I was out collecting caterpillars to raise into butterflies. Only really paying attention to the vegetation while I wandered, I did after a while find myself being stared at by a small child through a fence, and realized I'd found myself in a patch of bushes right outside a local daycare/preschool. Nothing came of it, but that would have been an awkward conversation to have.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 2:31 pm

This could be background dependent too but I think we're more at risk of black and white thinking leading us to doing violence for something we believe in without thinking through the consequences for the victims.

I've never done that btw. (I feel like I have to say this or people will suspect me of something.)

I also worry about the whole 'alibi' thing. What if you were at home alone and not watching TV or online? How do you prove where you were? Especially if you're like me (and Roy Cropper, fictional character but still) and lack a smartphone or even a mobile? Alibis depend on you being with another human being all the time.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2019, 2:48 pm

In my case it would be for protesting injustice, especially where the authorities support it.