Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 11:12 am

I think I have dyspraxia. Please share your experiences with it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:44 pm

I have mild motor dyspraxia, probably.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 3:49 pm

I have it as well, I'm very clumsy, I think it may be connected to my speech difficulties, I had a moderate to severe fine motor delay and a mild gross motor delay.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2019, 4:07 pm

I've never been well-coordinated or had strong gross motor / balance, but my stroke made the dyspraxia more pronounced. My fine motor is affected and I can barely use my left hand for anything but typing. My left and right side aren't equal and don't even perceive temperatures or sensations to the same degree.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Feb 2019, 8:41 am

I probably have it although I'm never been diagnosed with it. The docs in my area probably didn't know about dyspraxia when I was little. I took physical therapy when I was in skewl. Every so often I would get taken out of a class while I was in skewl & I'd see some special worker who would have me do things like walk, stand on one foot, reach in a box & pull out certain shapes, skip, throw a ball up in the air & try & catch it ect. I had stuff like that till I started high-skewl probably cuz my high-skewl didn't do it maybe cuz it was private. I also have bad fine motor-skills but I also have a tremor disorder that acts up when doing things with fine motor-skills. Being anxious, stressed, & tired can make it worse. The tremor disorder was NOT the reason I had the physical therapy thou, it doesn't really act up with those activities.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition