adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 9:46 pm

Wow you guys!
What if, big what if
Wait for it

THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!
People who can be slotted on the autistic spectrum are GIFTED PEOPLE who offer A NEW WAY OF SEEING AND EXPERIENCING THE WORLD! Not only is nothing wrong with you: THE WORLD COMPLETELY NEEDS YOU!! !

I mean it, everyone is bettered by outliers. You are most likely functioning on a higher level than the average NT person! Your brain can do things that are not "abnormal" BUT FREAKING OUTSTANDING! You stand out because you are OUTSTANDING!

I will ambush the s**t out of anyone who's down on themselves, my weapon of choice OVERWHELMING ACCEPTANCE!

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:12 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
Wow you guys!
What if, big what if
Wait for it

People who can be slotted on the autistic spectrum are GIFTED PEOPLE who offer A NEW WAY OF SEEING AND EXPERIENCING THE WORLD! Not only is nothing wrong with you: THE WORLD COMPLETELY NEEDS YOU!! !

I mean it, everyone is bettered by outliers. You are most likely functioning on a higher level than the average NT person! Your brain can do things that are not "abnormal" BUT FREAKING OUTSTANDING! You stand out because you are OUTSTANDING!

I will ambush the s**t out of anyone who's down on themselves, my weapon of choice OVERWHELMING ACCEPTANCE!
THat'd be f*****g amazing. And while I might be gifted in some ways i'm alot worse functionally than the average nt. so It unfortunately doesn't that way.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2020, 11:26 pm

Pieplup wrote:
Wow you guys!
What if, big what if
Wait for it

THat'd be f*****g amazing. And while I might be gifted in some ways i'm alot worse functionally than the average nt. so It unfortunately doesn't that way.

Aw I am sorry to hear that you feel that way about yourself.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 12:28 am

Pieplup wrote:
Wow you guys!
What if, big what if
Wait for it

I feel that way about myself. I feel that way myself. Yeah that's definitely it it's not that that's actually the case no matter all my effort to change no it's just that i feel that way. I'm glad you feel that way but that doesn't the case. Dont' try to deny my struggles because you dont' think there is any for you.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 12:41 am

^ I can't say for certain (sometimes these things go over my head) but I think she was just trying to boost spirits of people that felt down for being different P. OP probably didn't intend to come across as diminishing anyone's struggles.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 1:16 am

Pieplup wrote:
Pieplup wrote:
Wow you guys!
What if, big what if
Wait for it

I feel that way about myself. I feel that way myself. Yeah that's definitely it it's not that that's actually the case no matter all my effort to change no it's just that i feel that way. I'm glad you feel that way but that doesn't the case. Dont' try to deny my struggles because you dont' think there is any for you.

You are reading a few things that aren't there:
1. That I'm diminishing your struggles
2. That I don't think there are any for me

Neither is the case. I do acknowledge that there is a plasticity to the brain, especially a neurodiverse brain, and that the repetitive thoughts we think collect together to form a mindset and that mindset plays a significant role in how you make sense of the chaos of the external world. And there is a degree of this that is subject to change. We actually know so little about the human brain that it's such a travesty the way so many brilliant and sensitive souls are shuffled through a system that makes them feel inadequate.

My spine is fused. I have two metal rods that run through the entire spine. I do yoga, I run. I do things that if I were so focused on having a fused spine I might not do. I'm pointing this out to say, limitations are a thing in and of themselves but how we respond to them can also have a huge impact on our lives. And that very little in life is actually static and set in stone. Except for my spine. It's set in steel :)

I'm sorry you feel down

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 1:24 am

AuroraBorealisGazer wrote:
^ I can't say for certain (sometimes these things go over my head) but I think she was just trying to boost spirits of people that felt down for being different P. OP probably didn't intend to come across as diminishing anyone's struggles.

You are right :)

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 1:25 am

My big what if is what if everyone around me (including the school staff in my elementary school) as a kid were all narcissists and just abusive and I was actually normal the whole time. What if it was all just bad lucky and always coincidental that kids were always mean to me making me believe there was something wrong with me so it caused me to try to be "normal" when I already was and what if it all altered my brain development.

What if I am actually normal but the problem is the way the world works is not designed for how I function so it makes me "disabled." What if this is what my parents had meant all along when they would tell me "you are normal" whenever I said I wished I was normal and this is what they meant.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 1:25 am

I know NTs with more gifts and talents than me. I'm just around average.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 1:38 am

Easy in my case;
What if I have all my energy, all my real level of control and functionality is permanent than temporary.

I'd definitely fit the whole description. :twisted:

I don't need to dream of this 'what if', it already happened to me and other people seen it.

It's who I'm underneath my unreliably imbalanced body and short-reaching mindfog brain.

I'm just a solution away from having it all. :o

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 8:43 am

I'm not a fan of surprises. Now I'm scared some stranger is going to jump out form behind a tree and overwhelm me with acceptance

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 9:02 am

FINALLY!! !! ! THANK YOU!! !! ! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 9:41 am

aquafelix wrote:
I'm not a fan of surprises. Now I'm scared some stranger is going to jump out form behind a tree and overwhelm me with acceptance

The imagery of that scene has comedy skit potential :lol:

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 11:13 am

Wow you guys!
What if, big what if
Wait for it

Listen to the Lady, she sounds like a force to be reckoned with!

I am pretty sure none of us want to be ambushed by her! :shaking:

NT's are notorious for wanting everyone to be the same...as them. I do not want to be like them, I just want peaceful coexistence. The mission isn't to imitate them, it is to infiltrate them.

You might find inspiration if you search the Internet for positive quotes about autistics. There is some great stuff.

Just one warning. Brace yourself if you decide to seek inspiration by searching the Internet for examples of famous autistics. Remember, those folk look awesome compared to everyone.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 12:33 pm

League_Girl wrote:
My big what if is what if everyone around me (including the school staff in my elementary school) as a kid were all narcissists and just abusive and I was actually normal the whole time. What if it was all just bad lucky and always coincidental that kids were always mean to me making me believe there was something wrong with me so it caused me to try to be "normal" when I already was and what if it all altered my brain development.

What if I am actually normal but the problem is the way the world works is not designed for how I function so it makes me "disabled." What if this is what my parents had meant all along when they would tell me "you are normal" whenever I said I wished I was normal and this is what they meant.

I completely believe this. I believe that the people who get branded with Aspergers or Autism are functioning on a higher level of human consciousness and the rest of humanity is stuck on a wavelength more akin to animals. They form packs, dominance hierarchies that unconsciously seek out what is dissimilar to them to break it or shun it. This can either be physical weakness, in which case the pack is breaking the weakest link. It can also be when a person makes the pack feel inferior, as many people with high functioning autism or Asperger's are typically exceptionally intelligent and if they blend well enough with the pack, the pack will not like that this one person seems to know so much more information about essentially anything than them.

I legitimately believe people who are called Asperger's or autistic for the most part are a brighter, kinder, gentler, more evolved human and are probably the next link in our evolutionary progress.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 12:34 pm

aquafelix wrote:

I don't have any minions in Australia to descend upon you rest assured XD