Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Harpuia
Raven
Raven

28 Apr 2019, 9:15 am

I can't be the only one that feels like this. I have struggled with friendships my entire life, unable to keep a friend longer than a couple years before something gets in the way that makes things fall apart.

Sometimes it cant be helped, like moving to a new town. Those are whatever. The ones that annoy me are friendships (and in my case I'm referring mostly to long distance/online since they are the only ones I'm able to keep around longer than a few months) that end because of disagreements over things like politics or lifestyle choices.

I'm usually the person who tries to be there for a friend, give advice, help and support someone while they're down, but when the shoe is on the other foot they are nowhere to be found. When we disagree on something like political stuff (I was around a lot of politically charged people) I get chewed out and any goodwill I had with them from past things disappears and all of a sudden I'm an enemy to them.

I'm tired of this happening throughout my life. I was told my aspergers makes it difficult to keep and make friends but I've followed advice from counselors and other videos to a tee and it still doesn't help. It's gotten to a point I've grown to hate people in general and to me, if I dont plan to be involved in a relationship with someone, it isnt worth my time because friendships have been so stupid fragile with me that I might as well not even try.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Rdos: Your Aspie score: 126 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 90 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie