Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 7:12 pm

https://www.quora.com/What-number-comes ... 031-402-16

I wasn't thinking of adding the digits for each number but was looking for a pattern with the whole numbers.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 7:36 pm

Took the short test, and my biggest issue was the damn timer (my processing speed greatly lags my other intellectual abilities). Given my official score is 129 and this scored me at 136 (range 135-158), not bad for an online test.

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 8:03 pm

Im kinda confused......the test was like 80% basic math, 18% vocabulary, 1% pattern recognition and 1% other. No offense, but that doesnt seem like a good judge of actual "intelligence". I got a perfect score on both short and long, but those are my strongest subjects! Why is math and language the only things used? I feel like a simple 10 minute online test cant possible determine actual intelligence.....its more testing how fast you are at math. The math problems, vocabulary and "spot the difference" questions are very basic. The time limit is the only truly hard part.
(I did a professionally administered full length IQ analysis as a child so I know my actual number. This online test wouldve had me thinking I was some kind of Einstein!)

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 8:15 pm

graceksjp wrote:
Im kinda confused......the test was like 80% basic math, 18% vocabulary, 1% pattern recognition and 1% other. No offense, but that doesnt seem like a good judge of actual "intelligence". I got a perfect score on both short and long, but those are my strongest subjects! Why is math and language the only things used? I feel like a simple 10 minute online test cant possible determine actual intelligence.....its more testing how fast you are at math. The math problems, vocabulary and "spot the difference" questions are very basic. The time limit is the only truly hard part.
(I did a professionally administered full length IQ analysis as a child so I know my actual number. This online test wouldve had me thinking I was some kind of Einstein!)

Yeah, online tests can't tell you that much. These seem better than most. I just took the long test and scored 138, which is not too far off my official score. Online tests also can't give you a break down of intelligences.

From my official WAIS, my VCI is above 99.9% while my processing speed is in the 34%.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 10:37 pm

I myself am reasonably smart, not having an Einstein-level IQ or having an intellectually disability. It is probably around 134 based on the IQ tests I took throughout my school years. However, my last IQ test for my triennial IEP meeting estimated my IQ at 126. Why it gave a lower score is entirely unknown to me, but it could have been that I was probably suffering a mental breakdown at the time due to an issue with a friendship I tried to boost with a girl in my grade. (Long story.)

I'm not really sure if my own IQ is causing issues with masking. If anything, it is actually making my mask harder to interpret.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 12:43 am

I have a high IQ but it's hard to say if that makes it harder or easier to mask, since I've never been any other way.
I think I'm pretty ok at "blending in" to a certain extent. I find people objectively fascinating. It is rare for me to get super close to people though.

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2019, 1:19 am

im like 104 or 105 ish ..

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 4:52 am

I posted the worst result I got on a non-verbal test to contrast the difference there can be for me between such tests , and the Wechsler or similar tests.

I know my verbal intelligence is very good. My mathematical intelligence is average or just above ,though I'm very poor at geometry. My non-verbal/spatial intelligence is borderline/well below average .