Does anyone else lose their appetite when overstimulated?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jun 2019, 8:58 pm

Do you eat less and/or have a loss of appetite when around too much noise, people, touch, etc? It's one of the things that I can watch for that tells me I need a break. That and fatigue. And communication gets harder when overstimulated.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 12:59 am

No. Nothing makes me lose my appetite unless I am ill with some sort of flu or I'm having a vertigo attack. I wish I did lose my appetite when anxious or overwhelmed though, because it might help me to lose some weight.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 6:57 am

Yes, to the OP's question.

huimaa
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jun 2019, 7:09 am

Yes it does. Be it negative or positive overstimulation/stress. My digestive system doesn't seem to work well in a state like that.

dyadiccounterpoint
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2019, 7:34 am

Definitely.

I can go for a long time without feeling hungry due to either hyperfocusing or being busy with stressful affairs.

We seldom realize, for example, that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society - Alan Watts

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Jun 2019, 8:27 am

Glad to know I am not the only one whose appetite lessens. How about communication? Does forming words get harder for you too? Thinking of words yes but also making my muscles in the jaw form it. It's like if it were only walking I might have less energy to put one foot in front of the other but also slower in my mind telling my leg to move forward and then my mind telling the other leg to move forward. But in overstimulated, it is my mouth. My mind finding the word and also my mind telling my jaw the steps to make the sounds.

AnnieAnn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jun 2019, 10:59 am

Yes, when I'm in hyperfocus I will easily forget to eat. Also when under any stress or worries.. or if something sad happens, my appetite is gone and I typically make myself eat anyway so I don't get too thin.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2019, 10:20 pm

Sometimes appetite lower or higher

Lately gorging out of control

Uhura
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2019, 8:06 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose appetite changes.
Does it get harder for any of you to talk when overstimulated? Not only thinking of words to say but making muscles in your mouth form the words too gets harder. And it takes so much more emotional and physical energy to talk.