Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 10:17 am

I received it this morning . I feel like a fraud.

It says I’m unable to achieve ‘Managing and maintaining nutrition’. I can cope with putting something like sausages in the oven and dinging microwave rice or pasta with sauce. My stepdaughter and I had both said I find sequencing tasks difficult , and when it comes to more complicated meal preparation I need support with the sequencing .

It also says I’m unable to achieve ‘Maintaining personal hygiene’ . It’s true if I was still living in Essex without anyone to encourage/prompt me I’d be struggling on that score . Now I bathe most days. From time to time my stepdaughter has told me I need to change my clothes because they are stained, or need to wash my hair.

It also says I am unable to achieve a 'habitable home environment ’ . This is true as I have a PA who comes in and cleans twice a week to keep things ok. Without the support at my previous place I was living in the kind of place suitable for a ‘Messy homes’ tv series .

I’m doing better here ,which is pushing the thought that I am a fraud and not that disabled/ill . I wonder whether others get these kind of thoughts when doing better , but not necessarily in remission/recovery .

Whether I’d be doing as well without the support is the big question . I think almost certainly (99%) not.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 10:39 am

Your logic is faulty. In your present environment, where you are doing better due to having some support, you feel like you are a fraud. Yet your assessment found you were unable to manage your nutrition, hygiene, and household chores. So, even with support, you still fall short occasionally. Hence, no fraud exists.

Relax and enjoy life. If the government were about to kick you off supports, then you'd really have something to worry about.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 10:48 am

I'm with Bea on this one.

You're someone who needs support and is doing well with it. As long as you were honest during your assessments (which I'm sure you were) the professionals were able to evaluate you accurately.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 11:08 am

^^ When it comes to logic I'd make a Vulcan's head explode! It's not my strong point.