Page 9 of 15 [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 4:13 am

Cubedemon6073 wrote:
Marknis what I'm going to tell you is easier said then done. But, a number of people out there are s**t. What does one do with s**t? They flush s**t down the toilet. In other words, not everyone is going to like you no matter what you do or don't do. Just be who you are, tell the haters to eat a dick (well don't do this literally but in your head) and flush the s**t down the toilet.

^^^QFT :star:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 8:59 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
Marknis what I'm going to tell you is easier said then done. But, a number of people out there are s**t. What does one do with s**t? They flush s**t down the toilet. In other words, not everyone is going to like you no matter what you do or don't do. Just be who you are, tell the haters to eat a dick (well don't do this literally but in your head) and flush the s**t down the toilet.
How is he going to get rid of all his detractors when he is one of them?

He says, "My mind keeps telling me ...", which is an incorrect statement.

HE tells HIMSELF, making him his own biggest detractor.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:07 am

Fnord wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Instead of just being unable to reply directly to me, I wish Fnord was unable to reply to my threads at all like another detractor of mine. He's friends with that detractor but if he found out certain things about him, this other detractor would turn his back on him.
Fnord's just trying to help. We're all trying to help. We've given you lots of solutions ... It's like we're going around in circles.
You noticed that too, eh? It's like being stuck on the same carousel for three years, or maybe it's been Groundhog Day for 1200+ times in a row.

Do you consider that the fault of the OP or is it perhaps more like what auntblabby is suggesting? v

auntblabby wrote:
when one is suffering from dysthymia, every thing on earth feels impossibly forbidding. we need to cut OP lotsa slack. we need to just listen to him patiently and non-judgmentally while he sorts this out. we need to respect his need to take this sorting out in his own time frame.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:19 am

EzraS wrote:
Fnord wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Instead of just being unable to reply directly to me, I wish Fnord was unable to reply to my threads at all like another detractor of mine. He's friends with that detractor but if he found out certain things about him, this other detractor would turn his back on him.
Fnord's just trying to help. We're all trying to help. We've given you lots of solutions ... It's like we're going around in circles.
You noticed that too, eh? It's like being stuck on the same carousel for three years, or maybe it's been Groundhog Day for 1200+ times in a row.
Do you consider that the fault of the OP or is it perhaps more like what auntblabby is suggesting?
auntblabby wrote:
when one is suffering from dysthymia, every thing on earth feels impossibly forbidding. we need to cut OP lotsa slack. we need to just listen to him patiently and non-judgmentally while he sorts this out. we need to respect his need to take this sorting out in his own time frame.
Both, in my opinion (I am not a mental-health professional), and in a vicious circle that feeds on and amplifies itself. This is why all of our best efforts to change his mind have failed -- his self-doubt is too strong, and only he can do anything to change it. Again, this is just my non-professional opinion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:22 am

I honestly don't understand why someone would post to threads they think are a waste of time along with the OP not wanting wanting their input.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:39 am

Fnord wrote:
t's like being stuck on the same carousel for three years

If you are not enjoying the ride then step the f**k off and quit your moaning.

You can't save them all Fnord

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:46 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If you are not enjoying the ride then step the f**k off and quit your moaning. You can't save them all Fnord.
I am trying to advise those who seem doomed to fall into the same trap the rest of us did. If the OP can't be helped, then we should at least try to support those who try to help, instead.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:47 am

EzraS wrote:
I honestly don't understand why someone would post to threads they think are a waste of time along with the OP not wanting wanting their input.
The threads themselves are not wastes of time as long as someone (not necessarily the OP) benefits from the advice being given.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:49 am

Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
If you are not enjoying the ride then step the f**k off and quit your moaning. You can't save them all Fnord.
I am trying to advise those who seem doomed to fall into the same trap the rest of us did. If the OP can't be helped, then we should at least try to support those who try to help, instead.

Yeah , but not in the same thread dude , it looks like you are deliberately trying to torment the OP even though those are not your intentions.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 10:53 am

SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yeah , but not in the same thread dude, it looks like you are deliberately trying to torment the OP even though those are not your intentions.
I do not respond directly to the OP, but only to others in the thread -- per moderatorial directive. The OP seems to be tormented by anyone who tries to directly advise him to actually do something about his personal situation. What does not seem to bother him at all is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes from anyone else.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:02 am

Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yeah , but not in the same thread dude , it looks like you are deliberately trying to torment the OP even though those are not your intentions.
The OP seems to be tormented by anyone who tries to advise him to actually do something about his personal situation. What does not seem to bother him at all is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes.

Maybe all he wants is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes at the moment , imo you will only drive yourself insane playing the 'Why Don't You — Yes But,' game.

I can't stop you posting here Fnord but I can advise you that you are only distressing the OP , if you want to stay and keep distressing the OP , that's your choice.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:07 am

Fnord wrote:
I do not respond directly to the OP, but only to others in the thread -- per moderatorial directive. The OP seems to be tormented by anyone who tries to directly advise him to actually do something about his personal situation. What does not seem to bother him at all is meaningless philosophy and banal platitudes from anyone else.

I have to agree with Fnord that the way these discussions develop, often there is a remove of four or five people from the OP. It's an intellectual exercise, and I'm not saying intellectual masturbation, either. Views of autism and mental illness are discussed from different angles. We do have the Haven for people who can only tolerate supportive posts, but this thread was started in General Autism Discussion. Marknis knows the rules and knows about the Haven. Instead of telling Fnord to back off, why don't mods remind Marknis of our "safe space" as a better place to hang out.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:12 am

EzraS wrote:

Good point, Ez, just why did you do that doggedly with (that Canadian guy*, I forget his name right now) for so long?

I guess you have grown up quite a bit since then, for which I commend you. All the same, got any insight as to why someone keeps contributing to threads where there will never be any change of perspective from the antagonist? Threads which are undeniably a waste of one's time?

*Edited to add: I'm referring to the gut dysbiosis fellow.

Last edited by BeaArthur on 16 May 2019, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:15 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Fnord wrote:

I have to agree with Fnord that the way these discussions develop, often there is a remove of four or five people from the OP. It's an intellectual exercise, and I'm not saying intellectual masturbation, either. Views of autism and mental illness are discussed from different angles. We do have the Haven for people who can only tolerate supportive posts, but this thread was started in General Autism Discussion. Marknis knows the rules and knows about the Haven. Instead of telling Fnord to back off, why don't mods remind Marknis of our "safe space" as a better place to hang out.

Do you see any other mods ? No ? then it's just me in control , don't tell me how to do my job , I'm doing fine until I'm not , then I will be removed :lol:

And quite frankly that is a scary post Bea. Read it again to yourself.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:17 am

Paraphrase: "I simply cannot stand being disliked."

proceeds to snarl at people he doesn't like, making himself disliked more.

What's wrong with this picture?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 11:20 am

SaveFerris wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Do you see any other mods ? No ? then it's just me in control , don't tell me how to my job , I'm doing fine until I'm not , then I will be removed :lol:

And quite frankly that is a scary post Bea. Read it again to yourself.

1. While composing my reply, I could not remember which mod was talking to Fnord. Sorry, sometimes my memory isn't so hot.
2. Whose post is scary? Fnord's quoted post or my quoted post?