Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 9:53 pm

I don't mean that in the sense that we're "above the law."

No. Quite the contrary.

Everything we've been taught has been rules for NTs-by NTs, and they all seemingly know that we're excluded from normalcy. They expect us to respect them (godforbid we should break the rules and treat them as less-than), but they all seemingly know it's okay not to extend us the same courtesy. It's yet another rule, this one not spoken.

In our younger years, we may have been a bit baffled by this oblivious contradiction on their part. We must respect them, but it's acceptable among their ilk not to reciprocate. And how dare we hold them to their own standards or call them out on their hypocrisy. One of their rules is that it's okay for them to treat us "less than equal" than they treat each other, but we're not allowed to respond in kind.

You all know what I mean (and if you really don't, you've been insulated). Don't pretend otherwise. You know I'm right.

We're below the law.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 9:56 pm

Majority rules.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 9:58 pm

Magna wrote:
Majority rules.

Can't argue with you there. It sucks, but it's true. From what I read here, a lot of folks in our lot (THE MINORITY) seem to be in denial or playing wish-away.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

28 May 2019, 10:07 pm

I'm not above the law but I feel free to go outside it.
It depends on power - what can people do to you if they don't like it?
Weigh the results and make your decision.

One summer, I shaved my head bald and it felt so good to have a breeze on my scalp. But my neighbours were horrified. Too bad. Because I'm retired, you see. I couldn't do that if I had a job with a dress code.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 10:29 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
I don't mean that in the sense that we're "above the law."

No. Quite the contrary.

Everything we've been taught has been rules for NTs-by NTs, and they all seemingly know that we're excluded from normalcy. They expect us to respect them (godforbid we should break the rules and treat them as less-than), but they all seemingly know it's okay not to extend us the same courtesy. It's yet another rule, this one not spoken.

In our younger years, we may have been a bit baffled by this oblivious contradiction on their part. We must respect them, but it's acceptable among their ilk not to reciprocate. And how dare we hold them to their own standards or call them out on their hypocrisy. One of their rules is that it's okay for them to treat us "less than equal" than they treat each other, but we're not allowed to respond in kind.

You all know what I mean (and if you really don't, you've been insulated). Don't pretend otherwise. You know I'm right.

We're below the law.

The inmates have control of the asylum.
What can you do? :shrug:
I have been saying this for a quarter of a century.

Psst! Go scarce if Fnord joins the conversation.
It annoys him when people knock NTs even if the criticism is spot on.
I think one of his relatives is an NT, poor sod. :mrgreen:
BTW, I like the guy, but I like razzing him moreso...<chuckle> :twisted:

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2019, 10:36 pm

Pepe wrote:

Well, at the very least, being open and honest and acknowledging it is cool. I appreciate it and respect your response. You know how some people get about these things.

Regardless, I'm not concerned with wishful thinking Aspies, or Aspies with some bizarre NT-affinity-Stockholm Syndrome.

I value honesty.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 7:54 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Well, at the very least, being open and honest and acknowledging it is cool. I appreciate it and respect your response. You know how some people get about these things.

Regardless, I'm not concerned with wishful thinking Aspies, or Aspies with some bizarre NT-affinity-Stockholm Syndrome.

I value honesty.

Look at my signature.
I am the Oracle of Truth.
We should get along just fine. :wink:

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 8:33 am

I think Big Bang Theory teaches us that Sheldon can break the rules because he has Nobel Prize winning talent.
No, he is not above suffering some of the consequences of breaking the rules, but, in the end, he usually gets away with his transgressions.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 11:10 am

I don't understand. Could you dumb it down for me?

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2019, 11:36 am

If I understood right.

They don't respect "Our rules" so we are not supposed to respect their rules.

I agree with that

Lucky11
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

29 May 2019, 1:02 pm

But their rules are "The Rules" . . . which seem to apply on a geographical, rather than neurological basis.

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2019, 1:08 pm

We are not allowed to respond in kind, this is all to be seen.

I had people calling me out or considering me "inferior" to them before due to my problems in communicating fast enough to keep a social interaction to a decent level.

They also learned a lesson that day, I shouted in front of their face to respect me or to f**k off.
I did not appear like a good guy, but I was very happy with the outcome, they learnt what respect means.

I am respected in certain enviroments still nowaday, especially the ones where I did this (more like they are afraid of me)

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 1:22 pm

I don't know if I am in either side or in the middle of the two, but I do tend to prefer to live in isolation rather then being a social sort of chap. Not total isolation, but I am one who goes into society when I need to, and then retreats back to ones normal rural setting where I can recharge and be myself once more. It is a little difficult lately as we keep getting visitors.... Today instead of just me and mum my brother invited many (A social guy that he is) and there are 14 of us, so I am trapped in my bedroom...

BlossX
Toucan
Toucan

29 May 2019, 1:24 pm

I do the same MountainGoat. I just go out in the society when I need to do job interviews and buy stuff to survive. Staying in my well-known enviroment is so cozy, I can't see myself out from my house for more than a few hours.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 1:33 pm

I am not a recluse though as I love driving through Wales discovering or re-discovering and exploring new areas. However I am on edge if I am in a built up area like a city or if I am outside of Wales. I don't know why, but there does seem to be a boarder between Walss and England other then an imaginary line on a map. I also like cycling and the occasional walk.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2019, 4:41 pm

Total BS.

IF we murdered all NTs..just marched them all off to death camps, and murdered the 98 percent of the human race who are NTs, and we were the only ones left, we would still have to learn to get along with each other. And we would end up evolving similar social rituals to those the liquidated NT population Similar amounts of polite dishonesty, and so forth.