Page 11 of 20 [ 319 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 20  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 11:14 am

You May Be An Aspie If ...

... for some strange reason, you caught yourself staring at a stop sign because you were waiting for it to turn green.

... someone uses the word "Autistic" as a synonym for "Shy and Smart", and you call them out and lecture them on why their misuse of the word is so demeaning.

... you also have an ADD, and yet you took the time to find out what ADDs are really all about.

... you always buy an odd number (3 or more) of the same item so that you can use one and still have an even number of them left.

... you buy a notebook to keep track of the contents of all of your other notebooks.

... you cannot see your alarm clock on the nightstand because of the stack of encyclopedia volumes you have been reading.

... you hunt for your cell phone while you are still talking on it.

... you look forward to the weekend only because it means you will not see anyone for two whole days.

... you wonder about the weird sound everyone else's cars have been making, only to realize that you have been driving with your parking brake on.

... your first instinct upon seeing an animal is to say 'Hello', but your first instinct upon seeing a person is to avoid eye contact and hope they go away.

:D

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:25 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I heard someone once say that he had CDO. That's OCD in alphabetical order.

:P

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:27 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
You may be autistic if...
...you rarely get invited to the pub; and for some mysterious reason, whenever you do, it always turns out to be quiz-night.

:lol:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:35 pm

You take two photos of everything... so you have a back up if the first photo doesn't turn out right...

... then you take two more photos because the first two are in portrait and you wonder whether it might be better in landscape...

... then you take some more just to be on the safe side.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:41 pm

Fnord wrote:
You May Be An Aspie If ...

... for some strange reason, you caught yourself staring at a stop sign because you were waiting for it to turn green.

... someone uses the word "Autistic" as a synonym for "Shy and Smart", and you call them out and lecture them on why their misuse of the word is so demeaning.

... you also have an ADD, and yet you took the time to find out what ADDs are really all about.

... you always buy an odd number (3 or more) of the same item so that you can use one and still have an even number of them left.

... you buy a notebook to keep track of the contents of all of your other notebooks.

... you cannot see your alarm clock on the nightstand because of the stack of encyclopedia volumes you have been reading.

... you hunt for your cell phone while you are still talking on it.

... you look forward to the weekend only because it means you will not see anyone for two whole days.

... you wonder about the weird sound everyone else's cars have been making, only to realize that you have been driving with your parking brake on.

... your first instinct upon seeing an animal is to say 'Hello', but your first instinct upon seeing a person is to avoid eye contact and hope they go away.

:D

Fnord you are precious :D

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 12:51 pm

I am enjoying this immensely. I have some slight OCD and ADD so I have some of these things. I always buy things that I like in two's. I cannot be in crowds or go to concerts. I get claustrophobic in cinemas. I answer the a/c remote thinking it's my phone.......my brain switches off if someone talks to me for more than a minute. Many of my good friends are aspies...maybe I am a bit?

MrMacPhisto
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 1:49 pm

When you are working in a shop and you work in a stock room tidying up that you end up inspecting the other person’s tidying up to make sure they have checked everything.

Also if you are playing a game of hangman every time it comes to your turn every word you put up just so happens to be conveniently on your special interest.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 4:02 pm

your handwriting was mistaken for a 11 year old boy’s handwriting

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 9:22 am

You hate having your picture taken because it never turns out well. You always look stiff or have a strange-looking expression on your face.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 9:28 am

You May Be An Aspie If...

... the following image best describes your attitude when having your picture taken:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2019, 9:33 pm

...most of your interests are so unusual or unpopular that you have a hard time finding people who have even heard of them.

...when trying to explain one of said interests to people, you're either as vague as possible for fear of being judged for what you like, or you explain every last detail in a half-hour monologue, and there really isn't an in-between.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 9:10 am

You know everything about the Olympic Games marathon, even though you have never run a marathon in your life.

Today is the sixth anniversary of the death of France's Alain Mimoun, an Algerian immigrant who won the Olympic Marathon in 1956 at Melbourne, finally defeating his great friend and rival Emil Zatopek of Czechoslovakia/Czech Republic. (Zatopek passed away in 2000 at age 78). Mimoun was 92, an incredible age, at the time of his death.

Also in 1956, a Yugoslav, Franjo Mihalic, won the silver medal. Today, his medal would be credited to Croatia.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 9:57 am

After reading a book, you have seven different reading lists to update and reorganise before making your next selection.

You didn't realise that Art Garfunkel's reading list is considered unusual or meticulous:

https://www.artgarfunkel.com/books.html (favourites)

https://www.artgarfunkel.com/library.html (all books)

Your reading list is even more meticulous than Artie's, because you include notes and cross-reference every book.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2019, 12:45 pm

248RPA wrote:
your handwriting was mistaken for a 11 year old boy’s handwriting

I had nicer handwriting at that age...

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 12:09 am

You find it annoying when girls on Facebook express how much they love their best friend, even though they're both straight. I know you can love your friends, but the way they love each other like they're gay for each other, even though they are not gay.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2019, 9:15 am

I find it annoying how people on Facebook, or other social media, call everyone their "friends," even though they will likely never even meet these people in real life. They won't ever be acquaintances, let alone friends.