Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Weirdness
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Aug 2019, 12:17 pm

Have you ever noticed that no matter what you do nothing prevents a group of people from destroying you? Apparently, someone from local government decided that they hate me this year, and so they've created problem after problem, a spectrum of negativity, and what if I decide to retaliate? Oh, well, then I'm definitely the wrong one, of course. This surely is a systemic problem in many societies for groups of people who hate each other, but when one has no help from anywhere else... no one can possibly blame me for keeping weapons near by in case these f*****s go truly rabid, at any rate? There is a certain irrational core in humans, an emanating hatred, or, at the very least, absolute apathy.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 1:40 pm

I only feel 'hopeless' when people won't leave me alone, or feel they need to keep injecting themselves into my situation. No matter what the situation is, I don't ever feel that I can't rise to the occasion. It's the powers that be who feel they need to mediate. And they usually do it when I'm gaining ground, which can make me a little paranoid. But, otherwise, I feel pretty hopeful.

I hope this is just a blip on the radar for you and that things will look up soon. Try and stay positive regardless, because viewing it negatively will only compound the sad feelings.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 2:08 pm

Persephone,

I agree. People who butt into other people's business are a major headache. As you say, it's a nuisance when things are going well. They have to stick their noses in and impose their way of doing things.

TheOther
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2019, 3:06 pm

Whenever I feel hopeless, I take that as a sign that I need to switch gears. Sometimes radically!

I'm sure you want to retaliate if people are being mean to you. Have you tried turning things on their head? Maybe get them a small gift!

I think it is easy to fall into a mutually antagonistic tit for tat war. Sometimes it is best to cut the tension and offer a sign of good will.

If nothing else, being nice to someone when they're being mean really messes with their head :lol: .

Bravo5150
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 3:15 pm

TheOther wrote:
Whenever I feel hopeless, I take that as a sign that I need to switch gears. Sometimes radically!

I'm sure you want to retaliate if people are being mean to you. Have you tried turning things on their head? Maybe get them a small gift!

I think it is easy to fall into a mutually antagonistic tit for tat war. Sometimes it is best to cut the tension and offer a sign of good will.

If nothing else, being nice to someone when they're being mean really messes with their head :lol: .

Good advice generally speaking, though I would prefer to have more details of exactly what is going on before I could offer any kind of real opinion on what is going on.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 3:24 pm

Yes. But I hate hope.

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 3:40 pm

I would say that if you live in a 1st world country that has human rights laws.
Then all is not lost if you are victimised due to prejudice in the system, then you could create a body of evidence to support your case, keep records of all dealings with government officials.

If you are being treated to extreme discrimination, then consider making covert recordings on a spy camera.
Recording conversations and people involved.

There are people who offer support to people such as yourself, who are in such a difficult position.
For example citizen advice.

There are also some organisations that support miscarriages of justice.
In the UK for example there are a number of avenues that you can go down.

In a worse case scenario, if the abuse is large then you may even be able to contact the EU court of human rights.
Although this i have to say is rare and only covers certain violations of human rights.

In some cases you may be actually discriminated against by the court of human rights.
For example, if you help someone in politics while not coming from a privileged background or a politically connected background.

You will be ignored even by the people who are portrayed by those who fight for human rights violations.

Yep. in this age, expressing your freedom of speech while helping someone in the game of politics can result in
a life long of abuse. even if you act purely out of altruistic intentions.

Welcome to planet Douche bag! where only the biggest Douche bags get to be King!

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 3:43 pm

My solution to other people wrecking my plans is four brick walls and a roof. Of course that gets lonely but I find that if I only open the door (to let people in or to go out and be with people) when I feel ready, I'm a lot better. It's much harder to deal with people without that fortress of solitude. That feeling of being overrun makes matters a lot worse. Of course I'm lucky in that I don't have to go out at all any more except to buy resources and to get fresh air and exercise, and I'm lucky enough to have a home that nobody gets in without my consent. And I remember how having to go to school and then work used to put a real damper on my life.

There's this problem that people are supposed to be stronger as a group, so I guess ASDers are at a disadvantage in principle because we find it hard to fit into groups and get people's co-operation. But I think it's always possible to make a fist of it. You can pit your wits against those who would compete against you, and you'll win a few and lose a few. It's surprising how stupid "normal" people can be, how many mistakes they make, and in the right environment we can focus clearly and sometimes we can knock them into a cocked hat. I think it helps to foster a firm commitment to your own sustainable personal comfort and well-being, observing, thinking and planning carefully.

EventualZen
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2019, 4:51 pm

When I read the title, I thought it meant humans are doomed because in billions of years our sun will die and take out our planet.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 4:57 pm

Weirdness wrote:
Life is hopeless, isn't it?
No one gets out alive.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 5:49 pm

"life" is not fair

Due to luck, health, personality and, intelligence, someone precious lil "people" have, a natural inherent advantage at :evil: survival of the fittest :evil:

Racism sexism homophobia fatophobia classism lookism ableism , are all correct and good points

But, by definition, some people just find it easier. To deal with "reality" than others

Skinny smart handsome cisgender neurotypical extrovert white man mister redelings

For example

The Diagnosic statistical manual put

"Feelings of Hopeless" as a symptom of clinical depression

What the flying f**k s**t

Maybe "life" is hopeless

False hope

"Hope" for what?

Negligible hope