Is it impossible for there to not be sensory torture?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Weirdness
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2019, 11:05 am

I hate this world so much, everyone is like "I want to get from a to b and I don't care if I destroy your mind with noise or pollute the entire world"... when I think of a century ago when vehicles must have been so much rarer, or two centuries when they were non-existent... the world other than that wasn't perfect at all, but in sensory terms it must have been a utopia... and currently people wonder why I end up with breakdowns? They'll be all surprised when years later it happens again when it's the same damn situation! Does anyone perhaps think that pins that deflate tires could act as a deterrent? I can't do nothing when it's constant...

magz
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 11:16 am

Before motors...
This is horse poop.

Where do you live? Maybe there are quieter places in the world.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 11:21 am

Noise cancelling earbuds or headphones work for me.

Weirdness
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Oct 2019, 3:58 pm

Okay, magz, so maybe there was olfactory sensory torture centuries ago... but I'd argue it's still not as bad as noise which invades even walls and closed windows...

I do use headphones sometimes EzraS, but all the time would feel like prison... I have speakers otherwise, but the problem now is that the noise outside has a bass quality which often overcomes my music...