who here dreads going to work at their unsuitable job?

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

who here dreads going to work at their nasty job
MEE!! :( [nasty job, can't do any better] 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
meh. :| [not sure] 15%  15%  [ 2 ]
nah. i have a cushy gig :D 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
i hafta go to a nasty school :| 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
i wanna nice gourmet ice cream :chef: 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 13

darkwaver
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Oct 2019, 8:26 pm

My job shouldn't be a thing to dread, just working on a computer all day in a quiet cubicle. But they've been forcing us to work massive amounts of involuntary overtime for more than a year now, so I'm exhausted and burnt out.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:34 pm

Work is good, management is awful = quasi-dread. I hope to find a better work environment.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2019, 8:51 pm

Yes I have zero job skills

The only jobs I had, minimum wage and fired

Restaurant retail sales office

Standing up, hot kitchen, angry customers, long bus ride, dirty

Without job skills or a better personality (according to the boss), I could never get a job that is not grotesquely clashing with my wierdfuck demeanor

Exception:. Bart, riivos, residence inn, kforce unintentionally emailed me job offers

Your ideal job is just a series of clerical errors away

The older kids worse my personality and everything else about me, gets s**t

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Oct 2019, 1:12 am

Fortunately, I'm no longer in the job I had once which could be described that way. I just honestly did not want to turn up there, and this often led to me being five to ten minutes late. Absolutely terrible place, terrible environment to work in, terrible people, terrible infrastructure and equipment, terrible policies and practices. The only place I've ever quit just by saying I was leaving, walking out, and not coming back, and at that I lasted half again as long as any previous person in that job.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 5:11 am

the job that i hadda take, successive people before me quit, sometimes after just a day. i wonder what god was trying to teach me?

strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Oct 2019, 9:21 pm

auntblabby wrote:
strings wrote:
I like my job very much, but I still dread the Monday morning feeling after the weekend, or going back after the Christmas break. I don't know how to explain that...

that sounds like not the job itself but the things around the job such as having to get up at 0-dark-thirty and feeling liverish in the wee hours, the commute back and forth there, dealing with a few brassholes at work, stuff like that. i had stressful work that was made immeasurably worse by all the aforementioned.

Yes, I think you are absolutely right. It is all the ancilliary stuff, especially the pointless bureaucracy, that wears me down, and makes me dread the start of the working week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2019, 9:39 pm

prolly the worst of it was being sent home from army basic training, what they called "exodus" - recuperating at home, then the long cross-country plane right back, come january.