Reading The Mind Through The Eyes Test (RMET)

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2019, 11:11 pm

Your score is 30 out of 36.
Your score is equal or better than 82% of all participants.

I though autistic people were supposed to be rubbish at this test. What is a low score and what is high score?

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2019, 10:49 am

AnneOleson wrote:
I got 26. I didn’t agree with any of the choices for a number of them.

I got 27 and I felt the same way you did. For nearly all of the questions, the eyes didn't look like any of the choices. I also took longer than the test said it should take because I deliberated on each one. If it was timed, I would have done much worse, I think.

strings
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2019, 11:09 am

jimmyboy76453 wrote:
AnneOleson wrote:
I got 26. I didn’t agree with any of the choices for a number of them.

I got 27 and I felt the same way you did. For nearly all of the questions, the eyes didn't look like any of the choices. I also took longer than the test said it should take because I deliberated on each one. If it was timed, I would have done much worse, I think.

I just retook the test. I think my main difficulty is that for many of the photos, there didn't seem to be any identifiable emotion being displayed; they just looked like "normal" photos of a person in the default state. It would probably not have occurred to me that there was any sort of feeling running through the person's mind, or that any clue as to what they were thinking might be on display in their eyes.

Being forced to opt for one of the four choices, I then tried to eliminate the ones that looked least likely, and then guessed between whatever options remained. I got 26 out of 36 this time.