StrengthsFinder and Fluid Intelligence

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2013, 10:59 pm

Several years ago (before I learned about Aspergers and was subsequently diagnosed), I read a book called StrengthFinders.

The book includes an online assessment test. According to the test, my so-called “signature themes” which represent my “five most dominant themes of talent” are:

Strategic: People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.

Maximizer: People strong in the Maximizer theme focus on strengths as a way to stimulate personal and group excellence. They seek to transform something strong into something superb.

Ideation: People strong in the Ideation theme are fascinated by ideas. They are able to find connections between seemingly disparate phenomena.

Intellection: People strong in the Intellection theme are characterized by their intellectual activity. They are introspective and appreciate intellectual discussions.

Analytical: People strong in the Analytical theme search for reasons and causes. They have the ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation.

---
Today, I was doing some research on Fluid Intelligence which is related to abstract reasoning ability and found this blog entry.

I found it interesting/fascinating that the author indicated that: “Ideation, intellection, and strategic are practically the definition of fluid intelligence”. There was a study performed in 2008 suggesting that “individuals with Asperger's disorder have higher fluid reasoning ability than normal individuals, highlighting superior fluid intelligence”.

Has anyone else done the StrengthsFinder test? If so, how your strengths map to fluid intelligence?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2019, 9:10 am

The authors have re-branded the quiz, put it on-line, and now charge 49.95 USDs to take it.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2019, 9:01 pm

He's a spammer and has been here under numerous usernames. His post above yours under the fake name of Gallupstr has been vaporised, as the signature line can't be edited by mods, so that's where he planted the spam link. His profile as this particular sockpuppet is characteristic spammer stuff. Keep an eye out for his next (probably imminent) return under yet another fake persona as a new member.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2019, 9:19 am

Yup! I saw this before you posted your list of things to watch out for.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.