Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Dec 2019, 12:54 am

I have had a lot of self-esteem problems over the years, although in the past couple of months I have regained a lot of it. But I still have doubts about how I look to others, specifically women. In my past, there have been moments where sometimes a woman has straight told me that I was unattractive or ugly physically, that I was too ugly for any girl to like me, and/or looked awkward/weird. So I was wondering if any female members would like to take a quick look at a face portrait of me and give me a rating on the 1-10 scale or just written feedback in general if I really look ugly and/or weird.

It probably would have to be via PM, instead of posting my photo publicly here. I am a bit paranoid that anyone whom I may know in person might somehow see a photo of me and immediately identify me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2019, 2:14 am

One of the ugliest men I ever met had no trouble getting dates. He was also the only man I knew who would change clothes three times before going out, usually in bright colours and prints, with an extra scarf or other accessory. He had a conducive personality too.

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Dec 2019, 1:18 am

If I had to evaluate myself without any prior biases, I would estimate that I am not horrendously ugly, like a 0 or a 1. I just do not see it. Objectively, that is at least what I feel.

Of course, evaluating my own photo is not the same as if others did it.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2019, 9:47 am

Different people find different things attractive

Each woman only speaks for herself

Not everyone is superficial

You might have redeeming qualities

You can't change your appearance, without surgery

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 7:42 pm

Entertainers are pretty good-looking, as a group. This did not discourage Ringo Starr, Stephen Fry, or Mick Jagger. A rough looking guy looks more ready to protect the family, since he would not be risking his looks, and may have already been practising combat.

Leon_Trotsky
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Dec 2019, 8:16 pm

Ringo Starr was a member of the most well-known band in the history of music, and had tens if not hundreds of millions of women screaming his name and wanting to date him throughout his entire 20s. I do not think that I can really compare myself with him.

In any case, it still stands--if any female members want to evaluate my photo, please PM me.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm

Neither the other Beatles, nor the fans, seemed to think his appearance was worth worrying about. Ringo didn't even have a talent to match the others - he just seemed to have wandered in, and not been shy about his looks. Since he didn't worry about them, it was easier for everyone else to take them for granted too.