Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

livingwithautism
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 9:23 pm

Joe90 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Instead of saying NTs, one might as well say 99% of society.

But every person not on the autism spectrum are not all NTs. 99% of the population are ALLISTIC, not neurotypical.

ALLISTIC? Is that even a word? If so, please define.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 9:54 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Generally speaking, to survive in NT society you need to be able to understand when your opinions don't need to be voiced and how certain behaviours might be viewed as disruptive and/or anti-social. Not only do you need to understand this, you also need to be able to consistently apply it to your own behaviours.

these creatures are monsterous .. they are have been and currently engaging me into repeated legal situations to remove everything i call home..am not was not quick enough to keep up with their en masse attacks using gaslighting dog attacks staliking mental abuse... etc .. to give them their fix of hate .. am , was just trying to live on my own .. minimal interactions .. but fooled into thinking these people are something, they are not ,, tmerely a image of crap was taught growing up about good evil , right wrong .. even phoney grandmotherly type has engaged me with en con their friends , looters .. and push me into legal situations not wanted or cared for ..jeopardizing my mere right not to be threatened on a ongoing basis.. they believe it is their right .. and grandma stays just outta reach employing these others whom , have no concern for life..seen a homicide on their premises . and drug dealing .. and they act like .. so what.. none of your business .. in fact will make you suffer for saying you saw it .
my home is 2 doors down from grandmas much nicer , bigger , she wants places for her ex con gang to live and cruise back and forth through backyards , to avoid police detection .
SORRY to go on .. am facing a exparte hearing am trying to get and inspite of all facts , even many other people getting ex partes against her,, no lawyer will help.. they say you have no chance

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2020, 10:21 pm

livingwithautism wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

But every person not on the autism spectrum are not all NTs. 99% of the population are ALLISTIC, not neurotypical.

yes indeed ... ? WHAT is allistic ? explain ...

where ever you go ,there you are

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 12:42 am

Jakki wrote:
livingwithautism wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

yes indeed ... ? WHAT is allistic ? explain ...

Why can't you just look it up yourselves? It's pretty obvious.

ALLISTIC = any person not on the autism spectrum.

It's a much more accurate term to use if you want to say "99% of the population", rather than "neurotypical", simply because "typical" means "normal" or "standard", and there are a wide range of mental disabilities/disorders that can make a person outside that category but not be autistic. These often include those born with disorders or disabilities that affects a child's social, intellectual or behavioural development such as learning disabilities, downs syndrome, ADHD, Fragile-X syndrome, etc, but can also include things developed later on in life like schizophrenia or dementia.

I hope you digest your new information.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 12:47 am

livingwithautism wrote:
EzraS wrote:
It seems to me that the whole point of being neurotypical is not being autistic. And some autistic people lack social filters.

The very definition of neurotypical right here.

I agree. Ezra knocked it out of the park with this: "It seems to me that the whole point of being neurotypical is not being autistic." Aut = self, by oneself, by itself.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 11:12 am

MonaPereth who I respect greatly, once pointed out to me , after reading one of my posts where I shared about my ADD, that I am Allistic and not NT. That was the first time I encountered this term.Very few people I know would be classified as NT's.
I think that it's important to identify disorders that can be alleviated or eased by means of medication, assistance or therapy but generally if a person cares enough and is open minded, then these definitions shouldn't be a divisive factor or a barrier between people.

I am drawn to altruism and honesty, intelligence, courage and humour, that's often enough for me to establish a bond with someone, regardless of whether they are AS, NT or ET I don't really care about categories.