Page 12 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 9:38 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
[MOD]

I appreciate that emotions are running high, but let's cool our jets.

There's no need for rudeness or nastiness.

[/MOD]

cool beans

Will you pm me please?

Last edited by cubedemon6073 on 06 Apr 2020, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 9:42 am

Amity wrote:
I bounce between over-employed to unemployed to under-employed. Currently the latter.

And back to unemployed again.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 9:45 am

But you will bounce back.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 9:46 am

QuantumChemist wrote:
As a former whistleblower, I can tell you that not everything goes in the favor of the whistleblower. It can easily damage your career for life. You have to be very careful in the process if you decide to do so. The good ole’ boys system is still alive and well in some parts of the US. You would be shocked to know what sometimes gets done behind the scenes. In my case, I had no choice but to do the right thing to protect the health of others. I was fired for it and partially blackballed in that area until I proved to the state that I was correct in doing what I did. I lost financially from the act, not gained. My only real gain was that I could sleep well at night knowing I had ethics.
Same here. I reported a radiation hazard in a university physics classroom and was both dismissed and blackballed. I got my revenge when I enlisted in the military, and the D.I. asked if any of us knew any communists. I raised my hand and was promptly questioned by NCIS. When I explained the circumstances, I also mentioned the radiation hazard. Just before deployment, I found out that the physics department had lost its federal defense funding, and that a few of the professors had been dismissed or resigned.

I should have made my initial complaint to the Feds, instead of the union steward and the local media. That way, I could have retained my anonymity and then taken the place of my former supervisor when he was dismissed...

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 10:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
But you will bounce back.

Perhaps... right now I'm just cheesed off by it all, it is what it is.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2020, 11:34 am

funeralxempire wrote:
... Even if they can't prove intent, they should at the very least be able to that some portion aren't legitimate to lend credibility to the idea.  But, with neither aspect proven I can't pretend that it's a significant concern.
Malingering is a significant concern for every employer, whether unfounded or not. I've worked construction projects where people claimed they couldn't work because they had allegedly hurt their backs and could barely walk, only to post on their Facebook pages pictures and videos of them dancing, bicycling, wall-climbing, water-skiing, or jumping up and down while cheering on their favorite sports teams when they were supposed to be at home recuperating.  Getting a subpoena issued for their phone records revealed that they were indeed at the appropriate times and places those pictures and videos were taken.  Throw in some eye-witness testimonies (waitresses, venue employees, bartenders, et cetera), and the juries come back with 'guilty' verdicts.

One thing malingerers have in common is that they all eventually get caught.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.