I heard Introvert prefer mountains but do Autistics do to?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:42 am

I was surfing the internet I saw something that said introverts and shy people prefer forests and I want to see if this is true for Autistics as well because a lot of us tend to be shy and introverted as well.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 2:59 am

I love mountains and being in the forest. That's why I'm so happy I live in the Pacific Northwest now. I feel secure and at peace when walking in the woods.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2019, 4:31 am

Many people like the peace and quiet of wild places if they can find somewhere away from the incessant noise of the modern world. For me the coast away from towns and cities is my preferred place although I also enjoy being in the mountains and the woods. Despite living somewhere as crowded as the UK it is still possible to find quiet wild places. I don't think it is necessarily an autistic or introversion thing though.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 8:12 am

Forests and mountains and such are good for people who want to take a break from people and man-made noise.

Blue_Star
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jan 2019, 8:53 am

Which do you mean: that introverts prefer mountains (subject line) or forests (op)? I really prefer... neither. I'm not an outdoorsy/nature person. At all. Give me cities, not towns, large cities. Nature can be nice to look at or learn about, but that's the end of my interest.

Dylanperr wrote:
I was surfing the internet I saw something that said introverts and shy people prefer forests and I want to see if this is true for Autistics as well because a lot of us tend to be shy and introverted as well.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 9:11 am

Not dyspraxic ones like me, it always makes me feel like I'm going to fall down the mountain.

I like forests though.

When I was ill with social anxiety the only time I left the house was to walk my dog in the forest. This isn't healthy, though or typical autism, it's what I did when I was ill.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 9:25 am

EzraS wrote:
I love mountains and being in the forest. That's why I'm so happy I live in the Pacific Northwest now. I feel secure and at peace when walking in the woods.

This.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 9:55 am

I like forest and mountains, that is why I choose to live there. I don't mind the cities, just so long as it is a short excursion. It breaks up the routine. I just chose not to live there.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 10:07 am

Yes me too. I live in a built up area, but can take a short car drive out to the countryside at weekends and enjoy the wilderness.

I don't particularly enjoy climbing up mountains, I prefer a cable car if possible, but I do enjoy the view.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 11:17 am

I live in the Pennines. Can't call them mountains, but I'm surrounded by hills here and not a lot else. Personally I prefer the sea, but hills and mountains are a close second. If you have mountains on one side and the sea on the other, then you've hit the jackpot. Parts of North Wales are like that.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

graceksjp
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 12:10 pm

I love them! Definitely beats the beach wheres theres ten thousand people and twice as much trash

I HOPE EVERYONE IS HAVING THE MOST AMAZING DAY THEY CAN HAVE AND REMEMBERS TO SMILE *(^o^)*

HWAITING!! !! !!

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 12:18 pm

I love forests that is why I love Northern New England states especially Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine as well as Northwestern states like Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming as well. New England and Northwestern states are my favorite. For Canada Quebec is my favorite province. I think mountains are cool as well.

Last edited by Dylanperr on 24 Jan 2019, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 12:18 pm

Correction... when I mentioned the sea I wasn't even thinking about crowded beaches. I was thinking about rocks and crashing waves. But the beaches in Northumberland are quite amazing... miles and miles of empty beaches... and a few castles.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 12:54 pm

They are to cold.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2019, 1:24 pm

Trueno wrote:
I live in the Pennines. Can't call them mountains, but I'm surrounded by hills here and not a lot else. Personally I prefer the sea, but hills and mountains are a close second. If you have mountains on one side and the sea on the other, then you've hit the jackpot. Parts of North Wales are like that.

I follow visit Wales on Instagram. The scenery is amazing. I really need to go visit.