Meh probably won't be coming back here much more.

Page 1 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 1:22 am

Its not over any specific thing, part of it is I got carried away in responsed to another poster...I disagree with their accusing any women that does not fit their idea of how women think and behave of lying when they mention their actual thoughts and behaviors they have as an individual. But I digress it was not an excuse for me to get toxic and generalize people from his region or whatever. It just disappoints me, that's not how I should respond to disagreement yet I let myself go to that level of being insulting and toxic which I cannot justify.

But whatever, not blaming anyone(well aside from mostly myself) not mad at anyone...just I am not getting any positivity from this place anymore, and maybe I am even playing into some negativity...so I will at least be taking a long break.

So well good luck to everyone but yeah I don't feel like I am relating to people much here at all anymore so to tell the the truth me taking a lengthy break or leaving all together has been a long time coming. But still I wish everyone the best of luck and perhaps I will be back at a later time. But for now I think it would be best to take a break.

May stick around a couple days to watch this thread a bit...but after that I won't be posting at least for a while so don't want anyone worrying I died of corona or something not that anyone would but well just want to make sure people know its me choosing to take a break and not something bad that happened.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 01 May 2020, 1:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 1:39 am

take it easy over there until next time ~

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 1:44 am

cberg wrote:
take it easy over there until next time ~

That is the plan, and well I kind of feel better if I focus more on other activities and such than hanging out on a forum so often. So maybe after a while I will come back as a more occasional poster but Idk I suppose I also feel there are some things I need to re-evaluate in my life without forum distractions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 2:19 am

^^^Sweet, i will really miss you! :( you are one of the rare voices of SANITY here now! godspeed to you in your endeavors.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 2:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^Sweet, i will really miss you! :( you are one of the rare voices of SANITY here now! godspeed to you in your endeavors.

Well thank you...but yeah I will probably come back after a while the more I think of it, I don't really want to leave forever.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 2:33 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Well thank you...but yeah I will probably come back after a while the more I think of it, I don't really want to leave forever.

the key to long-term survival in this place, is to concentrate one's attentions on the good people, and ignore the rest. separate the wheat from the chaff. my definition of "the good people" are the non-trolls, the ones who don't behave in an evil manner by consistently putting other poster's down.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 2:48 am

Sweetleaf you are a very well liked and respected member, one of the most appreciated of the long term members of WP, you contribute a lot of positivity and a great personality to WP. I hope you will not be leaving for good.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 2:57 am

That clinches it, Sweetleaf. B19 rarely posts these days.

She sees you as one of the folks who keep this Site together.

Don’t let one stupid argument ruin years of decent, rational contributions here.

I like what you write, usually...even if you’re sort of skeptical of me lol

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 01 May 2020, 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 2:58 am

Sweetleaf, your presence here is a boost to the morale of many other good posters.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 3:12 am

Sometimes our emotions get the best of us.The most we can do afterwards is apologize.

Enjoy your break.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 3:43 am

Do come back Sweetleaf, you've always added some sanity as Auntblabby says to this place, which I thank you for.
I dont know what happened, but I'd bet a contributing factor is that the pandemic changes are impacting on peoples behaviour in a broad ranging way.
Whatever you decide, be well. :heart:

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 4:40 am

Some people are stuck to much in their own little hell of negative thoughts about the world and the people. Dislike that you are leaving instead of taking it less personal and less seriously. Thought about leaving as well because it's sometimes the same stuff again and again. But there are some interesting people as well and sometimes it's just fun to talk to them a bit. :wink:

Last edited by quite an extreme on 01 May 2020, 6:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 5:00 am

Some threads/arguments/debates bring out my less pleasant side because it feels very personal when someone says something that is not true or is misleading and it's about me in some way but not an actual personal attack. I feel sick and angry and helpless. It's difficult to respond without using generalisations back. And when outnumbered on a thread it's particularly difficult because they all agree on something being fact that is bollocks.

Because of this I stick mostly to certain threads and avoid whole sections of WP unless I'm feeling brave but even then I will avoid subjects that I know I'm going to be made to feel bad over.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 5:07 am

In my mind you have always been a rock star (even if you haven't succeeded in teaching yourself to play the bass).

:heart:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2020, 6:51 am

Whether you stay or not, I wish you the best.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 May 2020, 7:38 am

You have been a staple of this community for a long time, Sweetleaf. I hope you enjoy yourself regardless of what you choose to do.