Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 8:46 pm

I just wish my complexion matched my mental age. :D

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 8:49 pm

I feel like a teenager. I feel like a teenager who has a mad crush on The Kinks and The Monkees.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 9:34 pm

According to my interests, I should have been born around 15 years earlier (so I’d have time to become old enough to understand/be allowed things by the time they came out). That would make me... oh, look, 42.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 10:25 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
When I was a kid I definitely felt older than I was.
When I was a teen, I felt like I had finally hit the age where my mind and personality were at the same place as my chronological age.
I can't say I feel much more different now than I was then. That's not to say I'm like a typical teen, but that I am very similar to how I was as a teen.

I pretty much like much of the same stuff I always did; animals, books, some comics, movies, series and video/ board/ card games. My interests and strong feelings make me feel anywhere between 10 and 20.
The only things that make me feel old (down, hopeless) is downers (climate, endangered species, the apparently 'inevitable' collapse)

My body isn't as young as it was though. Youth truly is wasted on the young, they have no idea how good they have it.

When I am reminded that this and that happened so and so long ago, I can't get over how long it's been. Ut felt like almost yesterday. I can't believe I am 43. I so don't feel 43, I don't even look it.

MrsPeel wrote:
p.s. being an adult sucks.

Haha, yeah, and it sucks more the older one gets. Funny thing is, when you're a kid, you think adults can just do as they please 24/7.

You’re complains about being 43???! !! !
I turn 63 in exactly one month from the date stamp on this post!

I’m 63 going on 163, and well on the way of becoming a hermit.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 11:01 pm

Hehe, Need i 'Say' More at 60, Yes; as the Photo Shows Above i feel about 21 Years-Old at 60;
But When i was actually 21 Years-Old, i Felt About As Old As my Grandmother at 80; And then
When i got to 22, i Felt Ageless and Timeless Again for a While; And then at 26, i Felt Old again;
Young Again at 29, When i Met my 19-Year-Old Beautiful Wife; And Oh God About a 1001
From the ages of 47 to 53, Living in the Dead Zone of so-called Autistic Burn-out then;
Steady Rise in Age from about Age 37 to 47, starting with the Death of my Only Child;
But it's True, After Recovering From the Dead Zone at 53 And Becoming
A Public Dancer After Shut-in, at 1001, in my Home for 66 Months with
the Worst Pain Known to Humankind from Wake to Sleep; Type
Two Trigeminal Neuralgia, commonly Understood to be
the Suicide Disease, no Drug Will touch, like a Dentist
Drill In my Right Eye and Ear; I must say becoming
A Public Dancer at age 53; Now at 60 With 13,513 Miles
Under my Belt; What i found is, Empirically Measurably, my Leg
Strength increased by 3 Times what is was before at Leg Pressing
500 Pounds at 53; and Now 1520 Pounds Max approaching 60 until
the Military Gym Closed down; Where my Home Gym won't quite hold that
much weight; hehe; Anyway, Science Shows Moving Meditation Is a Literal Fountain
of Youth; And at 60 Years-old, i continue to Document a Journey For what this Fountain
Of Youth Will Do Fully Measurable, in many Empirical Ways, Now; like Writing creatively
100 Thousand Words a Month for a Longest Epic Long Form Poem Ever Written in the
History or Herstory of Humankind at 8.3 Million Words in 83 Months; Same Span of Dates For Public
Dance; Yes, When one Achieves Autotelic Flow At a Continuous Peak of Plateau, Science Does Measure 400 to
500 Percent Increases in Creativity and Productivity too; but that's Just with Still Meditation, only a few short
Periods during the Week; Meditation also is shown to regenerate Gray Matter in the Brain; Where 50-Year-
Old Brains studied look more like Youthful 25 Year-Old Brains; Why Grow Old early if you don't have to:

i say no.

In Short and Long; Life Gets Better if You actually Make it better; Find a Way And Live Long and Prosper, more.

And Whatever You do; Like what happened with me in College at age 23, when i was so sure, i would be
Just as strong at age 60, based on the example of Jack Lalanne, in my Triple Major then; The Master's Level
Sociology Teacher in a Course on the Sociology of Aging told me, i was Over-Zealous to believe such a thing
as Strength Peaks out at age 30; And that's what the folks in the Anthropology Major and even Health Science
Major thought too; but true, i had already seen at least one case-study that proved them all wrong; Don't Make
Yourself a Couch-Potato Average; Believe You Will do more than you ever did before; But that's not enough now;
take the
first step
and first word;
or whatever You Do;
And Keep Doing it; never
paying 'any mind' to the Naysayers
in life that give you a label or a study that
says it's not possible to Do what you say you are gonna do.

Thing is; i record the Evidence; All that i say is provable too..:)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2020, 11:24 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I feel like a teenager. I feel like a teenager who has a mad crush on The Kinks and The Monkees.

<sing>
Hey, hey, it the CockneyRebel! :mrgreen:

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2020, 4:58 pm

I don't know how ages are supposed to feel, so I don't get any data that way. My physical abilities are changing in statistically typical ways, but my mental development has never landed in a peer group of similar ages.

rottingpetal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2020, 3:04 pm

Personally, I've never felt connected to my age. When I was a kid I felt old, now that I'm an adult I feel young (most times). When people see me they assume I'm at least 16-18, an age range I can't relate to. Age has always been a really weird concept to me.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2020, 3:20 pm

About 16 and I look it too and I think that affects how ppl treat me so it's like a cycle.

firebyrd516
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Aug 2020, 5:26 pm

I just turned 38, but I feel like part of me is stuck at like 15.