The site "The Neurotypical". What do you think?

Page 4 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 10:07 pm

It takes time. You both learn.

I'm ASD-Level 1 and she's ADHD and we've been married 30 year.

You both learn. You both love.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2020, 10:10 pm

some of us run out the clock before we learn. :|

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 12:53 am

auntblabby wrote:

Putting on my best Homer Simpson voice "damn clock!"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 1:02 am

"D'OH!"

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 1:07 am

Or funny stuff you hear from Trump voters

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 1:15 am

^^^do you think he's a trumpie?

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 8:13 am

Double Retired wrote:

I'm ASD-Level 1 and she's ADHD and we've been married 3020 year.

Sigh. Still need to learn to type carefully...or double-check stuff...or not to make mistakes...or... :roll:

auntblabby wrote:

I eventually decided the clock was broken and I resigned myself to being forever alone. Then I met the right gal, knew I was interested, and figured geography and schedule conflicts meant I'd never see her again. :cry: Fortunately I was wrong. That's when things got interesting. 8O

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 3:12 pm

Clueless2017 wrote:
So-o-o happy for YOU...Your NT is very blessed to have you...And the reason that I am so happy for you is because your story is a success story...I recently learned that when those on the spectrum receive help in their formative years, they get a negative diagnosis in their adult years and no longer qualify as autistic...In other words, technically speaking, for purposes of a diagnosis, they are no longer considered autistic...The apparent reason been that they learned the 'tools' at a young age needed to navigate this planet Earth controlled by NTs...LOL...Sadly my poor husband never benefited from such assistance...And he has had to learn the hard way into our marriage...May God give us the wisdom to overcome all of our shortcomings, his and mine...Good night...And thank you for sharing your personal experience...Which shows to prove the tremendous contribution one Aspie can make to this world...God bless you... :heart: :heart: :heart:

He appreciates me fully. His ex-wife caused him to have a nervous breakdown in the past, and she wasn't on the spectrum. She's just a selfish person who couldn't keep a relationship together.

My boyfriend is understanding and everything, but if something is easy to him he thinks it is easy to everyone else too. Like when I had an appointment at a rather large hospital earlier this year, the hospital was unfamiliar to me because I'd never been there, and he'd been there a few times so knew his way around but he didn't go with me because he told me that it's easy. But the hospital had 3 or 4 huge buildings on its premises, and I couldn't find my way around and I got completely lost. I asked several people but they seemed to give me a different direction every time and I kept ending up in the wrong building. So I phoned my boyfriend for help, and we ended up having an argument over the phone. He couldn't seem to put himself into my shoes and think that it may be easy for him but not for someone who has never been there before. After 2 hours I finally found where I was supposed to be. When he collected me, he was very mad. I told him that I'm not so good with directions in unfamiliar places, but all he kept saying was that it's easy. I just said, "for you perhaps, you've been there a number of times before, I haven't." But he just couldn't grasp the fact that the hospital is like a massive maze when you don't know where to go and it wasn't clearly signed. Whenever I asked a staff member they didn't seem very helpful and strangely some of them didn't even know themselves. But my boyfriend just expected me to find it as easy as he does.
I know he was probably also feeling frustrated that I was late to my appointment, but he expressed that in an unhelpful way that made me feel like it was my fault and that I'm an idiot.

And that wasn't the only time we got into an argument because of me being disoriented in a place that was familiar to him. He's not good with computers but I understand that so I don't expect him to know what to do when we have to do something online together. I be patient with him. So he should understand the fact that I am not very good with directions in unfamiliar places. Same difference.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 7:55 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

I'm ASD-Level 1 and she's ADHD and we've been married 3020 year.

Sigh. Still need to learn to type carefully...or double-check stuff...or not to make mistakes...or... :roll:

auntblabby wrote:

I eventually decided the clock was broken and I resigned myself to being forever alone. Then I met the right gal, knew I was interested, and figured geography and schedule conflicts meant I'd never see her again. :cry: Fortunately I was wrong. That's when things got interesting. 8O

lucky you :wtg: :heart:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 8:30 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Let's say he was primed to be Trumpie :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 8:41 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Let's say he was primed to be Trumpie :lol:

the makers of the simpsons internationalized it as much as they could, hence the lack of overt politics in any episode.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 8:53 pm

Homer is mean't to be a typical American. He is deep down a family man who loves his wife and kids but he is also very ignorant and easily swayed by slogans and group think. But sometimes he surprises everyone by breaking out of his mind set and doing something positive (even if it doesn't always work out he had good intentions). He actually offers hope that anyone can change.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 9:33 pm

he may be the biggest reason the show has lasted longer than many people have lived.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 9:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
he may be the biggest reason the show has lasted longer than many people have lived.

I think deep down he is relatable...although we might not want to admit it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 10:02 pm

cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i see bits of meself in him, the limited frustration tolerance foremost.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2020, 10:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i see bits of meself in him, the limited frustration tolerance foremost.

Agreed, although Homer gets to live more than most of us :wink: