Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

hariboci
Raven
Raven

31 Oct 2020, 11:13 am

Well, I've never had kids, but for the rest: you are not the only one. :(

I'm divorced and couldn't find a single functioning relationship in the last decade, it mainly felt like those guys I met doesn't want to have a relationship, just... you know what... or they are so hurt and emerging the black mist they created, that do not see me, only their past exes.

For friends: they got married and in my culture people stop going out when they have kids. Or maybe they meet other couples with kids. In my case it was the obsession part that drove away most of them, I was too intense, contacted them too often because I was bored and with topics they weren't interested in. I tried to find hobbies I can do alone at home, so I don't feel lonely all the time (but still, every day). Also I don't talk about my hobbies anymore, they are not unique, but they are far from my friends' interests. And no, I couldn't find people who have the same and are older than 30 :D

For kids: I would advise to do activities that THEY do enjoy. Whatever their hobbies are. If they like gaming for example and you don't: learn it, so you can play with them. Or go hiking, treasure hunting. There is a great worldwide site for geocaching, I often played it: https://www.geocaching.com/

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 1:03 am

Ade C wrote:
MrsPeel wrote:
Ade C wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Why do you think your children hate you?

Mainly by the phrases "Daddy go away" and "you're not allowed in here"!
They're both on the spectrum (undiagnosed) and extremely hard work

Sounds like the kids were just asking for a bit of space. That doesn't mean they hate you.

Fair point, but it's virtually every day!
Despite living in the same house, we spend very little time together
How old are your kids?

There could be something else going on that is not directly related to you. It might also be helpful to try to change the dynamic of how you relate to them. That will constantly have to be adapting as they grow.

Wreck It Ralph

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2020, 8:21 am

hariboci wrote:
Well, I've never had kids, but for the rest: you are not the only one. :(

I'm divorced and couldn't find a single functioning relationship in the last decade, it mainly felt like those guys I met doesn't want to have a relationship, just... you know what... or they are so hurt and emerging the black mist they created, that do not see me, only their past exes.

For friends: they got married and in my culture people stop going out when they have kids. Or maybe they meet other couples with kids. In my case it was the obsession part that drove away most of them, I was too intense, contacted them too often because I was bored and with topics they weren't interested in. I tried to find hobbies I can do alone at home, so I don't feel lonely all the time (but still, every day). Also I don't talk about my hobbies anymore, they are not unique, but they are far from my friends' interests. And no, I couldn't find people who have the same and are older than 30 :D

For kids: I would advise to do activities that THEY do enjoy. Whatever their hobbies are. If they like gaming for example and you don't: learn it, so you can play with them. Or go hiking, treasure hunting. There is a great worldwide site for geocaching, I often played it: https://www.geocaching.com/

Haha U sound like my kinda lady :)

Ade C
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Nov 2020, 12:41 pm

skibum wrote:
Ade C wrote:
MrsPeel wrote:
Ade C wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
Why do you think your children hate you?

Mainly by the phrases "Daddy go away" and "you're not allowed in here"!
They're both on the spectrum (undiagnosed) and extremely hard work

Sounds like the kids were just asking for a bit of space. That doesn't mean they hate you.

Fair point, but it's virtually every day!
Despite living in the same house, we spend very little time together
How old are your kids?

There could be something else going on that is not directly related to you. It might also be helpful to try to change the dynamic of how you relate to them. That will constantly have to be adapting as they grow.

6 and 10. They're just lost in a world of Roblox and Minecraft etc and don't seem to have much interest in anything else. Parenting is hard!